TR to Non O

Hi,

I am here on a 60 day TR visa and want to change to a Non-O, so I can then later change to an extension of stay based on retirement.

Can anyone point me to a thread that gives advice/instructions/requirements for having the TR converted to a non O ?

Thanks!

Thanks Joe- it will be Chaeng Wattana.

Could you offer me a clarification this (?) .....

a) 5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand*
b  *(Documents under 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application and all documents must be in the Applicant’s name.)or 

What is the evidence of foreign currency transfer ? (note because I worked here for many years before Have the old account with the money still in it i.e. 800k)

I presume (b) means I call in the bank to get the bank letter a day before I go to CW and put that date on the application?

Don

Edited by MRToMRT

Chaeng Wattana prefer that the letter be issued on the same day you apply for the visa. The bank book must be updated on the same day you apply. It is easy to get them done on the same day because their are branches of most banks on the ground floor of the building where they are located.

They will want proof you earned the money in the bank by working here. Your annual tax returns from then should be enough to prove it.

Hello. I am also changing a tourist visa to a "non O" at an appointment next Wednesday. This is also for the purpose of switching to a retirement visa. I have all the paper work and cash squared away for the "non-0", but the nice lady also gave me the paper work for the retirement visa as well. I was under the impression that this was a two step process. Get the "non-O" at one appointment, then have to return within a certain amount of time of the "non-O" running out to apply for the retirement visa. I assumed I gave those completed forms and paid the fee for the retirement visa at that time. Do I fill out and submit the retirement forms and pay the fee next Wednesday? Would I get the retirement visa at that time? Do I fill out both the "non-O" and the retirement forms and pay both the fees, but still have to come back within a certain time of the "non-O" running out to pick up the retirement visa? Or was the lady just being "helpful", and giving me the forms I would need in advance for the 2nd appointment when I submit my forms, pay my fee to(try) switch my "non-O" to my retirement visa?

4 minutes ago, badkneeneal said:

Or was the lady just being "helpful", and giving me the forms I would need in advance for the 2nd appointment when I submit my forms, pay my fee to(try) switch my "non-O" to my retirement visa?

I think she was being helpful.

As far as I know they will no longer do both at the same time.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you was being helpful.

As far as I know they will no longer do both at the same time.

Thank you Joe. That's kind of what I thought, but it always scares me taking anything for granted, especially on a subject like this. It's why I put helpful in quotation marks, as it made me wonder about what I "thought I knew". I'll probably take the extra fee along "just in case". But if I can hold on to the 1,900 baht retirement fee until I know things are progressing "according to plan", well that won't upset me either.