Internet Explorer Unsafe For 284 Days In 2006

george

not using IE is one thing..but most computer are running on MS operating system. any alternative?

I am using Linux. The version I use is Ubuntu. It is all free. It is much more secure than windows. I am very happy with it.

You may have to spend more time getting it set up on your computer, and since it is different from windows there will be a learning curve, just like there was when you first started using windows. However, now that I have spent the time to get it working and learn to use it I am very happy with it. I will never pay for software again. I will never have to worry about MS security holes again.

Go here to learn more http://www.ubuntu.com/

Can I have IE and Firefox on the same machine? and just use whichever more convenient?

If I delete IE do I lose hotmail and msn messenger to?

Cheers all

You can.

I use IE if I have to, usually have Firefox open, and use Opera. I often have them all open at the same time without too many problems. Very usefull when testing web sites for functionality.

I also use MSN messenger and Yahoo messenger, again often both open at the same time. no need to lose something that works to use a different programme. Just make sure you have enough RAM to cover everything or it all gets a little slow.