Best cable or digital TV channel for kathu + best value in price

britpop

Hi, just returned to kathu, ive true move TV channels, pretty poor regarding farang channels, whilst over in Patong, PA cable TV, supply a vast amount of farang  channels, now comes with a digi box, does PA cable come to Kathu now, or is there a similar TV channel supplier, to upgrade true move to a few more farang channels is 4 or 5 times more then PA cable, just dont know who's supplying best value & most english channels for kathu now, thanks

if you have a decent internet  get yourself an android box and view almost everything  you can see on true but for free   single outlay for box about 2000 bht   

Hi, thanks for that, is there any android box i should get, in uk, to get all channels, movies, sport, there chipped, just reprogrammed to over ride any monthly payments, theres loads on Lazara within thailand, just no idea if will fire up with everything free, my internet is perfect for this, but thanks, just more advice pls

Sent from my SM-T311 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

android is android  yes Lazada sells them   dont cheap out  about 2.500  k seems ok 

as each box has settings   choose the language of your choice   go to the app store to download your programes   for a start  try first one tv  or mobdro  as a thought if you have an android phone  try suggested downloads first

Edited by Lamkyong

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yip off lazada bought a android box, MXQ PRO, 1100B with free wireless mouse, thought cheap so hopeless, but its been preloaded with apps that are chipped, so latest movies, tv, live uk tv, sport picture quality is great, no buffeting, i read the boxes with android 5.1 ok but best to get higher, mine is a 7.1, but watch 2 monies its paid for itself, does anyone know any decent free apps, no fees for more stuff, like computers im pretty nieve, just hit lucky

there is a new shop on the 3rd floor junk Ceylon, down by the ais office,

selling android box,2,900 ( MX9 PRO  for 3,900 ---2,479 on Lazada),  up with a choice of preloaded software,

i looked at the US section and seems not to bad choice as their is NO MONTHLY payment,

news, sports, movies and TV series.Much better than my local cable in Kamala for 350/month

that plus the hdprime  live tv is the way i am going.

I have heard there some shops in Big C downstairs so will check them tomorrow.

Edited by phuketrichard

there is a new shop on the 3rd floor junk Ceylon, down by the ais office,
selling android box,2,900 ( MXQ PRO  for 3,900) up with a choice of preloaded software,
i looked at the US section and seems not to bad choice as their is NO MONTHLY payment,
news, sports, movies and TV series.Much better than my local cable in Kamala for 350/month
that plus the hdprime  live tv is the way i am going.

I have heard there some shops in Big C downstairs so will check them tomorrow.

Im sure if you bought off lazada the same box, if not what you want in it, take it to that place or a thai whiz & get it loaded for a few 100B, i bought mine within thailand, loads from china, decent internet, thats all you need, been watching movies that are currently in the cinemas, the amount on there you couldnt watch in a year & i think there always getting updated, tv shows are great, yesterday live football, ive only had it a few days, so im finding new stuff daily

I'm very interested in this TV boxes as the PA cable our landlord subscribe to is pretty useless, really nothing there and as I'm guessing it is split to many people quality is awful... 

1000b is nothing but 3000b range is a bit too much. 

But what speed of internet is needed...!? 

Can I get these hacked apps on Samsung Smart TV...!?  Or on Android mobile phone..! ? 

If needed can pm me... cheers. 

I'm very interested in this TV boxes as the PA cable our landlord subscribe to is pretty useless, really nothing there and as I'm guessing it is split to many people quality is awful... 
1000b is nothing but 3000b range is a bit too much. 
But what speed of internet is needed...!? 
Can I get these hacked apps on Samsung Smart TV...!?  Or on Android mobile phone..! ? 

If needed can pm me... cheers. 

Hi, again ive really no idea on apps & where to find hacked, on lazada i just checked, there honest & say they've got kodi, etc, but mines got other apps, so simple, but 100's of movies in the movies now, all latest Tv shows, even football & uk tv, there must be a thai or farang computer whiz who got all the hacked apps, people say ah yes but after 3 month it shuts down the app, then you just go to small fee paying apps, lads say you have to pay 7000-10,000B, for a decent box, nonsense, mine is fine

If you have a computer it can do the same thing as an Android box without the cost. An Android box only contains pre-loaded apps from content providers.  A lot of these providers offer free content, but the box will not allow you free access to fee-based services unless you have an account, such as Netflix. I also doubt an Android box will allow you access to geographically restricted content from providers in the US, UK and other countries without first hiding your ISP's location from being detected. A lot of apps, like Netflix, have geo locator trackers built-in, so they know where you are accessing from.  I regularly stream my Netflix account and TV content from the US also BBC from the UK through my laptop directly to my TV at a cost of less than 35 baht a month, in addition to electric and internet. 

6 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

If you have a computer it can do the same thing as an Android box without the cost. An Android box only contains pre-loaded apps from content providers.  A lot of these providers offer free content, but the box will not allow you free access to fee-based services unless you have an account, such as Netflix. I also doubt an Android box will allow you access to geographically restricted content from providers in the US, UK and other countries without first hiding your ISP's location from being detected. A lot of apps, like Netflix, have geo locator trackers built-in, so they know where you are accessing from.  I regularly stream my Netflix account and TV content from the US also BBC from the UK through my laptop directly to my TV at a cost of less than 35 baht a month, in addition to electric and internet. 

Very true but there are many reasons why people prefer not to use their laptops:

hassle of connecting/reconecting

no remote control

fear of downloading dodgy apps

fear of dodgy streams

desire to use the computer at the same time as watching TV

etc. etc.

Personally I use my old laptop for TV viewing. It's become too slow and cumbersome to use for anything practical but this hasn't affected its streaming capability. The VPN might take ten times as long to load as it does on the new machine but it works fine.

But I may still buy one of these cheaper Android boxes as well.

14 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Very true but there are many reasons why people prefer not to use their laptops:

hassle of connecting/reconecting

no remote control

fear of downloading dodgy apps

fear of dodgy streams

desire to use the computer at the same time as watching TV

etc. etc.

Personally I use my old laptop for TV viewing. It's become too slow and cumbersome to use for anything practical but this hasn't affected its streaming capability. The VPN might take ten times as long to load as it does on the new machine but it works fine.

But I may still buy one of these cheaper Android boxes as well.

• I will answer each of your concerns:                                                                                                                                                             
Edited by tweedledee2
did not submit

No hassle: My laptop is in sleep mode 24/7 when I am not connected to the internet and is always connected by an HDMI cable to my TV. I use my TV as the monitor because it is easier for me to view on the larger screen.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Edited by tweedledee2
please remove

My wireless mouse is my remote. Point, click and done. The only remote I use is to turn on the tv.    McAfee Live Scan, Avast Site Adviser and Malwarebytes take care of dodgy apps. Do Android boxes have built-in security?     As for as dodgy streaming, if the previous programs don't stop it, you can only blame yourself for clicking on the dodgy website.    The only multitasking I do when watching tv is to enjoy a drink or snack. But, I have been known to stream IHeart Radio while surfing the internet, and if I felt the need I could use my desktop or 2nd laptop while watching tv.  Etc, etc   

Well,  I was left to believe these Android boxes have hacks to some services and vpns,  otherwise how do you get to see many new movies and sports live foreign channels that are not freely available on internet or satellite,  cable etc. ....!?  The free stuff of paid services are pretty useless... 

I also use VPN with London IP address,  but most services now detect that you are not actually in London,  but not sure how,  either my VPN IP is tagged and known to them or they detect the protocol or some other manner,  BBC iPlayer,  Amazon,  Netflix all reject my VPN attempts. 

I went to that shop on 3rd floor Jongcelon, Patong,  about MXQ pro box,  they were pretty useless in answering questions as expected, I think sometimes they know more than let you know,  combination of language and trust issue I thing, also Thais here becoming a bit economical with info,  they think all is asset and want to get paid for it,  even telling me where the photocopy shop is today was like pulling teeth....!!!!!?!? , Anyway,  he only had MX9 Pro and wanted 3k or 4k baht for it,  said he can update it there for 100 baht every couple of months. I said if I buy from lazada can he update,  said no,  obviously wants to sell his own and update only his.... These boxes going for 1k on lazada... 

I asked him to try live BBC1 in there that it was showing on the demo screen ,  no luck,  it wouldn't come on at all,  he blamed it on his slow internet,  but I didn't buy that. Can the guys who have these boxes see BBC1 and other channels live or recorded etc.  ....  !?!? I'm guessing this is via BBC iPlayer.... If so which box you have,  where did you got it from,  link to lazada item/seller please .... 

4 hours ago, Agusts said:

Well,  I was left to believe these Android boxes have hacks to some services and vpns,  otherwise how do you get to see many new movies and sports live foreign channels that are not freely available on internet or satellite,  cable etc. ....!?  The free stuff of paid services are pretty useless... 

I also use VPN with London IP address,  but most services now detect that you are not actually in London,  but not sure how,  either my VPN IP is tagged and known to them or they detect the protocol or some other manner,  BBC iPlayer,  Amazon,  Netflix all reject my VPN attempts. 

I went to that shop on 3rd floor Jongcelon, Patong,  about MXQ pro box,  they were pretty useless in answering questions as expected, I think sometimes they know more than let you know,  combination of language and trust issue I thing, also Thais here becoming a bit economical with info,  they think all is asset and want to get paid for it,  even telling me where the photocopy shop is today was like pulling teeth....!!!!!?!? , Anyway,  he only had MX9 Pro and wanted 3k or 4k baht for it,  said he can update it there for 100 baht every couple of months. I said if I buy from lazada can he update,  said no,  obviously wants to sell his own and update only his.... These boxes going for 1k on lazada... 

I asked him to try live BBC1 in there that it was showing on the demo screen ,  no luck,  it wouldn't come on at all,  he blamed it on his slow internet,  but I didn't buy that. Can the guys who have these boxes see BBC1 and other channels live or recorded etc.  ....  !?!? I'm guessing this is via BBC iPlayer.... If so which box you have,  where did you got it from,  link to lazada item/seller please .... 

I will give you some clarification concerning your 1st paragraph. An Android box obtains it viewable content through the internet, the same way a computer or smart tv does. An Android box works basically like a small computer that is preloaded with apps from content providers. These apps are shortcuts containing the IP addresses of providers, so by clicking on them you eliminate having to type in the web address. A smart tv also uses apps. By themselves, they do not have the ability to unblock restricted content, allow you to view subscription fee services for free or hide your identity.      Now in regards to your 2nd paragraph. If you will go post #12, I addressed many of the issues you are having trying to view geographically block content and my solution. If you would like more info, send me a PM.

5 hours ago, Agusts said:

when i was there  a Farang was answering my questions,  I ordered the MX9 Pro off Zapals for less than 1,500 ( they wanted 3,990) https://www.zapals.com/mx9-pro-android-7-1-4k-tv-box-rk3328-2gb-16gb-kodi-17-1.html
sure i need add my own apps but its not difficult , Plenty of apps and how to on you tube .I added kodi to laptop an have been learning how too.   I downloaded  BBC1 player works fine...

You do need at least 30 mbs ( mine works fine running off my laptop hdmi cable to  tv.)

There is also a shop in Big c basement selling box's for 4-6,00 baht and a tv, movie apps for 900 /month ( hdprime is less and has more stations)

you can easily update urself ( same as updating an app on ur smart phone)

After giving up on True I extensively researched alternatives. I subscribed to Netflix for a while, no complaints, a good cheap service, but limited in scope.

I downloaded a kodi addon to my laptop which gave me more, but was limited mainly to UK tv. Also, I didn't want to use my laptop this way.

I looked at buying a box from Lazada to load myself, or a  preloaded box from one of the many suppliers who had cropped up to cash in on this new technology. Most of the latter were limited in scope and wanted ongoing fees for providing links to other peoples builds. Some are very dodgy!

I eventually bought a preloaded box from a very tech savy, former TVF member who has a thriving business in this field. The box has an excellent build with easy to follow menus linking to scores of apps, addons, ect. I now watch virtually anything I want from anywhere.The box is sold, with an air mouse, for a one time fee which includes all support and updates for a year.

Having someone conversant with, and monitoring events in the Kodi world, is very important because some of the big TV channels and cable suppliers are constantly trying to shut down or prosecute the suppliers who use their products for free.

Many suppliers are forced to close, and often rename themselves, change servers or even move to other countries. Updates to addons are very necessary. I get scores of emails from my guy, with information, recommendations and updates with illustrated instructions.  All is included in the initial price, which was a hell of a lot less than True. Every few months he does a complete new build.

(Recommended, I'm a customer only with no links to this business.) 

Some good reading here -  https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/983893-kodi®-for-dummies/