90 day report & passport renewal

I do my 90 day reporting by post, have done for over 12 years. My passport expires in 6 months and 6 days. So, thought i'd get my 90 day renewal in and apply for a new passport. Sent off my 90 day renewal off 10 days ago, today got a phone call saying that i cannot get a new 90 day extension as my passport runs out in 6 months. They want me to go in tomorrow and talk to them but am not sure why. Phetchabun is a decent immigration office so i know its legitimate but cannot see a problem.... or is there one ?

Plus, is 6 months before my passport runs out to short a period to renew ? (I haven't left Thailand in over a decade and probably never will).

Does your PP expire july 17th, Mr. Carlosm? Mine's about to expire as well. I'd like to learn about Phetchabun immigration policy on this.

If you go visit them they probably offer you an alternative. It's a decent immigration office.

There is no rule that you need 6 months of validity to do 90 day reports (it is not an extension) or anything else at immigration.

You can even apply for a one year extension but it would only be valid to the date the passport expires.

30 minutes ago, Dancealot said:

Does your PP expire july 17th, Mr. Carlosm? Mine's about to expire as well. I'd like to learn about Phetchabun immigration policy on this.

If you go visit them they probably offer you an alternative. It's a decent immigration office.

Mine expires on the 18th July, they rang me and were quite abrupt with me about my passport expiring in 6 months as if i'd done something really wrong, will find out tomorrow and if appropriate will let you know.

On 11/01/2018 at 3:19 PM, Carlosm said:

Mine expires on the 18th July, they rang me and were quite abrupt with me about my passport expiring in 6 months as if i'd done something really wrong, will find out tomorrow and if appropriate will let you know.

Yes it's appropriate, thanks. How did it go?

5 hours ago, Dancealot said:

Yes it's appropriate, thanks. How did it go?

Turns out that they were wrong. 90 day reporting is not effected by your passport expiry date. They said 'sorry' and that they had already sent it to my home address.... this after i'd just driven 120 km's and have the return journey to go ... grrr