High prices drama: Not all Thai airports are a rip off - try Nakorn Sri Thammarat

webfact

High prices drama: Not all Thai airports are a rip off - try Nakorn Sri Thammarat

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Reporters from Daily News went to the provincial airport of Nakorn Sri Thammarat to check out the prices after one of the "dramas" of the week - rip off prices at Don Muang and Suvanabhumi in Bangkok.

At the southern Thailand airport they found a diner who was more than happy with his two dishes for 65 baht. Songthai Withawutisak said that 65 baht was fair especially as the ingredients were good and it was tasty. It would be 30-50 baht outside the airport but that was fine.

Pictures also showed Mama noodles for 25 baht - and the hot water was free!

Airport director Suksawat Suwanno chipped in that prices at his facility were indeed fair across the board at all restaurants and other outlets - some even charged the same as for items outside the airport boundaries.

He said this was due to government regulations and cheap rents meaning that his airport could easily beat the prices in the capital.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-12

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Not all Thai airports are a rip off - try Nakorn Sri Thammarat

Yep... great... that will work for me.

i just need to catch a bus from Phuket.... enjoy the hell out of some noodles... grab a flight back to Phuket international, to connect with my int flight

excellent.

7 hours ago, farcanell said:

Yep... great... that will work for me.

i just need to catch a bus from Phuket.... enjoy the hell out of some noodles... grab a flight back to Phuket international, to connect with my int flight

excellent.

That will keep you out of mischief then....give it a go :thumbsup:

Go to NST once a a year.for wife to.visit family. When.we leave her mother and sister always come.along to the airport.  go to the second floor and have something to eat. Very reasonable prices.sit and have a couple of beers well we wait.

No price gouging there.

8 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Swampi  also has a great and reasonably priced food court, I think it was on the 2nd floor.Just don't eat anything there after immigration.

Its on the ground floor (Magic Food point) and has been mentioned on this thread earlier :whistling:

Archived