Remote work locations in BKK

Days Off

I'm finding that I often have computer based work to do some weekends.  I can go to the office...but would rather not.  I spend too much time there during the week.  I can sit in my condo...but find my productivity suffers greatly.  I usually go sit at the cafe in front of the condo.  This is ok, but I'd like to find somewhere else to go.  Can anyone recommend some good spots to sit with a laptop and get some work done?  Maybe somewhere overlooking a park, or maybe a cafe with a different atmosphere?  Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Thainess said:

You sound like the kind of person for whom the glass is always half empty. Stop moaning and just do your work!

Huh?  <deleted> how on earth did you come to this conclusion?  I'm not moaning or complaining.  I enjoy what I do and do my work happily (even on a weekend!).  All I'm asking for is some recommendations for a change in scenery.  I work and travel a lot and don't have as much time as I would like to get out and explore Bangkok.  Fortunately there are resources like the thaivisa forums where folks such as myself can post questions seeking knowledgeable advice. 

I'm on the north side of the city on Ladprao Rd.  I'd prefer to avoid the typical Starbucks type places.  Wifi is not a necessity but would be nice as would the ability to plug in my laptop.  I know there's a lot of folks in Bangkok that have web/internet based careers that allow them to work from anywhere.  I was hoping some folks would chime in with some peaceful hidden gems for spots to crank out some work.  If not, no worries!

Thanks!

Just use wifi from the cellphone?

Last week i was with some friends and we went to drink some coffee european style, in that coffeebarplace there were loads of farang working on small laptops....so much fun.

I know this is not Europe but i wished i knew a real cafe/bar for have a drink with some friends and listen to some music. Don't like to see people working there.

On 14/01/2018 at 1:56 PM, Days Off said:

I'm on the north side of the city on Ladprao Rd.  I'd prefer to avoid the typical Starbucks type places.  Wifi is not a necessity but would be nice as would the ability to plug in my laptop.  I know there's a lot of folks in Bangkok that have web/internet based careers that allow them to work from anywhere.

Thanks!

I am one of them, but I have to work concentrated, so I mostly do it from my apartment.

I tried some co-working spaces, but found that being around people does not benefit me. And commuting to work is not what I had in mind. :)

I found that you can basically work from any Café, even if you only buy one coffee, as long as the place is not crowded. If them have enough free space, they have no problem with you spending the day at your laptop there. Tip a little more if you suck the WiFi or the power. :-)

I personally like Gulmolas Coffee & Food in Ramkhamheang, they have even tables where you can stand if you like. Big place, always empty, quietly.

"Too fast to sleep" is a place where mostly Thai students sleep over their homework. Lots of space and light, and very cheap. 24h open.

I think if you don't make a fuss or beeing loud, you are welcome almost everywhere.

Archived