Foreign couple caught writing graffiti on Koh Lanta - locals outraged

webfact

dont u see the culprits got the attn. they were wanting? now 2 million views because they spray painted a wall??????  dont people have their own lives anymore?  a graffiti artist is like a dog that pisses on a tree to mark territory......now they have been arrested they have marked 2 million trees!.. i put a sticker on a lightpost once in Thailand ........should i turn myself in?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, giddyup said:

Did the offenders ask for his permission before defacing his wall? You seem to think that it's quite all right to slap paint over someone else's property whenever and wherever you like.

I don't know and neither do you but that is not the point anyway, for all you know the owner might not mind and of course it is quite alright if the owner doesn't mind, why wouldn't it be?

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

Excellent copy and paste skills. At least you reread it. Others still seem to struggle.

I submitted my Doctorate Thesis on "Copy and Paste on the Internet"  still waiting for the diploma.     and I like to own up to my mistakes, they are mine and mine alone.

39 minutes ago, 9KPhalak said:

What was a couple doing with cans of spray paint anyway?   So this was premeditated.  Which makes it worse.  This couple deserves a good caning.  Ten lashes each.  Some people can be so stupid, you wonder how they have made it this far in life.   

Premeditated graffitiing?  Are you for real?

Can't understand the mentality of anyone  coming to scenic holiday destination and riding around with an  aerosol can looking for a suitable property to deface together with his female partner .If they are caught make them miss their flights while they clean up the mass before deportation.

2 hours ago, 9KPhalak said:

What was a couple doing with cans of spray paint anyway?   So this was premeditated.  Which makes it worse.  This couple deserves a good caning.  Ten lashes each.  Some people can be so stupid, you wonder how they have made it this far in life.   

Lol...when they were born the Dr probably smacked the mothers' arse for having them! Or should have done.:cheesy:

On 1/15/2018 at 3:47 AM, Just1Voice said:

People who do this should be kicked out of the country, regardless of what country it is, and then permanently banned from ever returning to it. 

Better to handle them like the Singaporeans do :

- first cane them, then put them into jail...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/two-germans-who-vandalised-mrt-train-in-bishan-depot-get-9-months-3-strokes

What I find strange is some of the comments on lanta being a bit run down. Actually its one of the few islands which hasnt been totally ruined by over development. Sure there are potholes and some of the infrustructure ie electricity is a bit ropey, but on the plus side there isnt a starbucks or Mcdonalds.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 1/15/2018 at 10:54 AM, taipan1949 said:

Thailand ... was my home for 32 years ...I would like to see five to one odds and them getting the shit beat out of them... you <deleted> with my home I am gong to bust your ass. ... a Marine could cause them serious pain and the Thais would not give a shit if they got a beating.

Hmmm - your language might be one thing but that you did not learn how to relax in 32 years...(?)

Edited by xcell

39 minutes ago, xcell said:
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:54 AM, taipan1949 said:

Thailand ... was my home for 32 years ...I would like to see five to one odds and them getting the shit beat out of them... you <deleted> with my home I am gong to bust your ass. ... a Marine could cause them serious pain and the Thais would not give a shit if they got a beating.

Hmmm - your language might be one thing but that you did not learn how to relax in 32 years...(?)

well considering the number of  SAS, Navy Seals and Special Forces residing in the Kingdom, he might just lead a attack in Divisional strength. Say what you will it is always good for the Leo brigade to have an active fantasy life.

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

well considering the number of  SAS, Navy Seals and Special Forces residing in the Kingdom, he might just lead a attack in Divisional strength. Say what you will it is always good for the Leo brigade to have an active fantasy life.

Yeah this sites full of armchair tough guy’s marines SAS CIA etc haha

8 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Lol..........and spelling ability? :cheesy:

But I do offer an apology if English is not your first language.

Absolutely no need to offer anything my friend as far as I am concerned, English is not my first language its my only language 5555555

At my age I am well aware of my lack of competence where it is concerned, plus as I get older I get lazier, which means there could be more glaring errors in this my latest effort

No worries and have a nice day

4 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

What I find strange is some of the comments on lanta being a bit run down. Actually its one of the few islands which hasnt been totally ruined by over development. Sure there are potholes and some of the infrustructure ie electricity is a bit ropey, but on the plus side there isnt a starbucks or Mcdonalds.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's not run down, just totally unspoilt.

There's also no traffic lights, dual carriageways, motorised water sports, beach vendors, high rise development, pollution, go-go bars, smelly street sewers, overrun beaches, umbrella forests and deck chair parks, no Chinese/Japanese/ Indian tour coaches, etc....

But this wouldn't suit a lot of people on this forum, thank Christ for that!

The beaches are still clean and decent, the sea is still fit to swim in and nature / wildlife is in abundance.

AND whatever Kieran, in his misguided opinion feels is acceptable, please keep the imbeciles with spray paint cans away also.....

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

I assume you have a more precise idea of the circumstances then, while stating straigh off that some parts of the law is ok to be broken just because you don´t think that they are important enough.

Live the dream, dude!

The law has only been broken if the owner of the wall complains, judging by the state of the wall that seems unlikely.

24 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

The law has only been broken if the owner of the wall complains, judging by the state of the wall that seems unlikely.

Not at all. This goes under the term Mischief, and is punishable by law without any complaints from the owner if caught under other circumstances. Read below.

Chapter 7: Offence of Mischief

Section 358. Mischief

Whoever, damaging, destroying, causing the depreciation of value or rendering useless the property belonging to the other person or which the other person to be the co-owner, such person to be said to commit mischief, and shall be imprisoned not out of three years or fined not more of six thousand Baht, or both.

Section 359. Special Mischief Circumstances

If the offence under Section 358 be committed against:

1. An engine or machinery used for agricultural or industrial pursuits;
  2. A cattle;
  3. A conveyance or a beast of burden used for public transportation or for agricultural or industrial pursuits; or
  4. A plant or produce of an agriculturist,

The offender shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding five years or fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht, or both.

Section 360. Punishment

Whoever, damaging, destroying, causing the depreciation of value or rendering useless the property used or possessed for public benefit, shall be imprisoned not out of five yours or fined not more of ten thousand Baht, or both.

Section 360-2. Depreciation of the Value of Property

Whoever, damages, destroys, causes depreciation in value or renders useless the properties according to the first paragraph of Section 335-2, which is stranded in the places according to the second paragraph of Section 335-2, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding ten years or fined not exceeding twenty thousand Baht, or both.

Section 361. Compoundable Offense

The offences under Sections 358 and 359 are compoundable offences.

End of that discussion, I guess? Or do you want to continue? If you do not find this information fitting out of any reason, I can send you the total Thai Law in English version by private message.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, isaanbanhou said:

Police later arrested American couple at a Bangkok hotel, who identified as Bruce Baizer, 29, and Ristin, Joness 22, (names transliterated).

Americans, just like the ones caught in BKK and the travelling butt buddies.

There names are as American as Moms home apple pie....

49 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

So, I guess a wall has to be in pristine condition to escape the defacing of these vandals? If it's just been erected and freshly painted it's safe, but if it's weathered and unpainted, ie Great Wall of China, it's up for grabs? Your intellect is on a par with these two geniuses. 

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So, I guess a wall has to be in pristine condition to escape the defacing of these vandals? If it's just been erected and freshly painted it's safe, but if it's weathered and unpainted, ie Great Wall of China, it's up for grabs? Your intellect is on a par with these two geniuses. 

My friend, I think he / she (Kieran0000000000001) is a wind up merchant. Surely nobody can be this stupid......