Non-Imm O and New Passport

What happens if my non-imm O visa is issued in my current U.S. passport but I then have to get a replacement U.S. passport because I ran out of pages?

Can I use the current visa in the "old" passport along with the new passport? or should I first get a new passport and then the Thai visa?

I am having the Thai NYC consulate issue the visa.

Thanks!

As Ubonjoe said, you just show both passports when entering. You'll be stamped in in the new passport, and if you get an extension or re-entry permit while in Thailand those stamps will go in the new passport, but you'll need to produce both passports.

On the other hand, if you have the time to get the new passport while you're in the US and before you get the Thai visa, why not get the visa in the new passport and make it that much easier once you're here?

Edited by Suradit69

As UbonJoe says, use the 2 passports, upon arrival in Thailand.   Immigration (where the visa was issued )can transfer your visa into your new passport.  They will use at least 2 pages filled with stamps to do this.  When you travel a next time, also keep your old passport with you.  It happened to me and because I didn't carry the old one at the Airport, the  immigration did an extra control that took more than 35 minutes.....just to conclude that everything was ok.  But they make it themselves so complicated that they even don't know what is going on.

11 hours ago, janpharma said:

Immigration (where the visa was issued )can transfer your visa into your new passport.

Immigration does not transfer visas. The can only transfer entry, extension of stay and other stamps they do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1