Video: More terrible driving as bus and taxi square up on the roads of Bangkok!

webfact

55 minutes ago, thaichiro said:

One of the news sources should do an expose’ on how bus drivers are trained, and for that matter how police are trained at the “academy”. 

The same 'academy' that some Hollywood films were made about many years ago - Police Academy? :whistling: Or, perhaps the one that the Keystone Cops attended? That was a laugh/joke also. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, berybert said:

I don't think he hit the car again on purpose. I think he was incapable of working out he needed to back up his bus a touch and straighten up. 2 things at once isn't easy.

Hard to believe he was incapable of working it out, all he needed to do was to turn right a little and drive straight. There was no need to back up as there was already a small gap between the cars after the initial contact (you can clearly see the gap at the 22second mark). Not only that, even though after he hit the taxi the second time, he did not bother to stop, instead scrape the taxi on purpose on the entire bus (from 18sec to 13sec) almost a full 5 seconds!

I've been driving in Bangkok for over 30 years, and many times in traffic, buses can come with in 30cm of your car. I've been in accident twice where buses have smashed my side mirror by accident. Given that its very difficult to drive a bus in bangkok traffic, there are also many ahole drivers who thinks they have a bigger vehicle hence they force you to give way.

39 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Hard to believe he was incapable of working it out, all he needed to do was to turn right a little and drive straight. There was no need to back up as there was already a small gap between the cars after the initial contact (you can clearly see the gap at the 22second mark). Not only that, even though after he hit the taxi the second time, he did not bother to stop, instead scrape the taxi on purpose on the entire bus (from 18sec to 13sec) almost a full 5 seconds!

I've been driving in Bangkok for over 30 years, and many times in traffic, buses can come with in 30cm of your car.

I was on board of such a Bus with a driver-madman from hell yesterday and seriously sh*t my pants. Though that happened at an approximate speed of 120 km/h on the M7. The company was a big Bus company enjoying a monopoly on a very popular route between the capital and an (in)famous Beachr resort City. Not the first time such thing has happened

2 hours ago, mike324 said:

I've been driving in Bangkok for over 30 years, and many times in traffic, buses can come with in 30cm of your car. I've been in accident twice where buses have smashed my side mirror by accident. Given that its very difficult to drive a bus in bangkok traffic, there are also many ahole drivers who thinks they have a bigger vehicle hence they force you to give way.

If he had straightened up I've no doubt he would have over done it and the back end of the bus would have caused a lot more damage than it already did.