credit card

2 minutes ago, csabo said:

If the card is not activated regular mail. I do it routinely. You think too mutt. 

Agree 100%, unless speed is an issue.  I've probably had a dozen credit cards forwarded here by my parents, many more previously in Singapore (sometimes multiple cards in a package), and never had an issue.  In any case, you would not be responsible for fraud if you report it in reasonable timeframe, that's  just one of many  credit card advantages.

If already activated simply call and deactivate until it's received, then reactivate.  Also, ask the sender to wrap in a couple of sheets of paper so not obvious what's inside...and first have the activation sticker (with phone number) removed if you prefer, but I never have. Just use common sense, it's easy peezy chinesey.

On 1/18/2018 at 4:00 PM, roger101 said:

I'm more concerned about the security than the cost. If it was just cost the UK's Post Office does a signed and tracked service for about 250 Baht for a small letter.

With the normal post my sister sent a Christmas Card on the  3rd December which I received in January.

A couple of years ago my new card got lost in the Christmas post in the UK . The bank would not send the replacement outside of the UK.

If you have an address in the UK just get it sent there and someone can Fedex or DHL it to you here in a padded envelope. No problem and I got it in 3 days from posting.

On 1/18/2018 at 8:50 AM, simoh1490 said:

HSBC UK sends mine by regular surface mail every few years and there's never been a problem, the PIN is the important part, as is card activation.

I don't know about HSDC but Halifax bank will not send credit or debit cards to Thailand they state they have an "Embargo on Thailand" i ask them by phone if someone could send cards on to me from the UK would that be a problem, they answered you could not activate from Thailand, on the other hand Nationwide for debit cards at least, no problems sent by regular post,so it seems banks vary widely!

21 hours ago, topt said:

Do the banks change them every renewal? I ask because the credit cards I use have not been changed when renewed - but none are from any of the major UK banks.

Activation is online so without my online access hopefully they cannot get in.  

Pin number does not change with Nationwide but you can request a new number.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, roger101 said:

I thought DHL only did parcels. There is no mention on their website for letters. And 24 Euros seems quite expensive.

I've used DHL a number of times to send documents from Thailand to the US. Quite safe and reliable. I've received new credit cards from my US banks using FedEx and they seem very reliable too.