Baht Rises Like A Rocket

After watching the baht stable all day at around 36 to the dollar I returned to check the rate at 6pm. Low and behold it had suddenly risen a full baht ot three percent ! The pound has dropped from 71 to 69 approx against the pound!

This puts the whole economic policy of K.Tarisa and MR Tevakun in jeapardy and risks making then a laughing stock !

What to do : Go out NOW and buy baht before the rates change at the bank change offices. [ the private change offices will have already adjusted their rates] You will get a full three percent more baht on practically all currencies UNLESS most unusually, the Bot enters the market at the weekend to sell baht or introduces new stringent measusures

35.01 35.11 Live bid/offer rate at 6pm Thai time Friday

After watching the baht stable all day at around 36 to the dollar I returned to check the rate at 6pm. Low and behold it had suddenly risen a full baht ot three percent ! The pound has dropped from 71 to 69 approx against the pound!

This puts the whole economic policy of K.Tarisa and MR Tevakun in jeapardy and risks making then a laughing stock !

What to do : Go out NOW and buy baht before the rates change at the bank change offices. [ the private change offices will have already adjusted their rates] You will get a full three percent more baht on practically all currencies UNLESS most unusually, the Bot enters the market at the weekend to sell baht or introduces new stringent measusures

Check again:

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?...;amt=1&t=5d

Great Info :D

Except for the fact today is THURSDAY :o

Weekend mistake aside unless you are exchanging big four figure sums in $ or £ the money your making on 3% difference is negligable.

In spite of this Topfield your zealous ways in spotting the spikes and issuing the call to arms remains commendable!:o

Probably just a bit of manipulation to make it appear strong by someone who is going to dump a lot of baht. Wait and see it swing in the opposite direction after the offload...

Reminds me a bit of watching penny stocks.

Edited by lingling

RIGHT! The baht has been rising like a rocket and falling like a rock since December. All rises and falls between 35 and 36 to a dollar. I really don't want to hold a lot of baht right now because I think the baht will drop in value sharply before too much longer. It seems like I don't have a lot of faith in the government at the moment. I HOPE I am wrong about the government but the baht at 40 to a dollar would be quite alright with me. :o

Probably naive of me to think that whatever rate we are getting currently is perfectly OK.

For as many years as I can remember coming to Thailand , it was always 20 to the dollar, and 40 to the pound.

So what we get now is fine by me. Just a shame that a lot of what I bought in Thailand was at those old rates :D

As mentioned elsewhere, I've perfected the art of losing money in Thailand, without the extra burden

of monitoring exchange rates :o

How dare you question the Almighty Honorable Venerable Tarisa and Tavakun's economic policies? Don't you know they know more than the combined worldwide elite bankers put together times 10!! At least that's what it says in the Thai media.

Bht will drop permanently - only a matter of time. :o

Which will coincide with a future economic plummet based on decreased competitiveness from globalisation, lack of a stable government, corruption, and SE asian competition. I'm not even getting into the inevitable Chinese steamroller...

How dare you question the Almighty Honorable Venerable Tarisa and Tavakun's economic policies? Don't you know they know more than the combined worldwide elite bankers put together times 10!! At least that's what it says in the Thai media.

Obviously a dream team... And if THB is increasing, then it must be because Miss "Doctor" Tarisa went to play golf instead of being in front of the keybord of her "Intervention-PC". :o