Facebook video going viral as farang says: I may have a small one but I know what to do with it

webfact

On 17/01/2018 at 6:01 PM, foxboy said:

lots of people relishing the opportunity to criticise a complete stranger here for having fun with some locals?? 

he's a young lad with fantastic language skills and seems to be able to entertain Thai people with his banter, so why all the abuse on here??

One word... Jealousy! 

Nah they are just generic grumpy old expats in Thailand. I find them unbearable TBH.

• Haha 1

There are so many bitter and twisted people in these forums. Entertaining a very narrow and marginal point of view.Typical of people that have lived a very shelter life...as it would appear that they have learnt nothing about society and culture  and the rich, diversified and vibrant nature of people in all there ways and walks of life.

....if we were all negatve and narrowed minded poppy cutters...what a dreay, dark, repetative and dull, doomed world we would live in..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2018 at 6:51 PM, dunroaming said:

Well I just ran it by my wife and she didn't laugh at all.  Her comment was "Not funny, just a drunken fool".  I think I will stick with that.  Mind you my wife doesn't laugh at Mr Bean either even though most Thais find him hilarious.

I agree with you and your wife dunroaming. It was really just one Thai guy who was laughing mainly to egg him on in order to continue video taping him. Most of the laughter came just from his use of Isaan slang, not because he was particularly funny or witty. Many Thais would be intrigued by a foreigner speaking Isaan dialect and slang, but the giggling you hear on the tape does not rise to the level of mirth you hear when Thais find something genuinely funny.

Edited by Gecko123

On 1/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, blubb said:

Good example for western decent education system nowadays. Send him 2 weeks into prison as a warning, next time send him back home.  

What did the young guy do wrong? Having fun with a couple of Thai mates his age by telling each other jokes can hardly be a reason for to send somebody to prison and then back home?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IssanDad said:

I think he’s hilarious  .. no different from nnumber of western guys in their late teens early twenties.. he’s half cut on a few things I reckon. But just like any confident smart mouth Uni-student with the gift of the gab in THAI language.. He also had lots of experience talking with THAI guys so he understand what makes them laugh... I hope I run into him one day..I sure it will be entertaining .

The guy is funny and he responded well when the Thai guy was asking him if he'd have a small one. That was actually the reason why he told the Thai guy that even when it's small it's working well.

It's sad that some people wanna throw him in prison, a guy who's only trying to have some fun. it's easier to use a keyboard and shoot him with it, me thinks. 

Edited by jenny2017

• 2 weeks later...