Exchange Booths Shut Early

Early Sukumvit change offices of Kasigorn Bank, TMT Bank and Krungthai shut down early .

Never seen anything like it since 1997 currency crisis.

Bangkok Bank and Siam City stay open offering what are now incredibly favourable rates.

Baht currently trading at 35.17 compared to 36 all day previously.

Early Sukumvit change offices of Kasigorn Bank, TMT Bank and Krungthai shut down early .

Bangkok Bank and Siam City stay open offering what are now incredibly favourable rates.

How does the baht cling to its strong level?? Its like its got its claws dug in and won't let go!

Do we need to deploy Kyptonite to see some sense against it? The pounds plunged lower (as low as 65 in memory) before but amid of the upheaval it seems more than a little odd. The poor yanks who are on pensions must be putting new holes in their belts now!

How does the baht cling to its strong level?? Its like its got its claws dug in and won't let go!

Do we need to deploy Kyptonite to see some sense against it? The pounds plunged lower (as low as 65 in memory) before but amid of the upheaval it seems more than a little odd. The poor yanks who are on pensions must be putting new holes in their belts now!

The dollar may flounder around, but it's the Yen that's acting badly now. Just broke LT support against the dollar the other day

Just how often do you change money? Is this like a hobby or something? :o

TH

Just how often do you change money? Is this like a hobby or something? :o

TH

Hi THAIHOME ,

Even if I did change money regularly to pay living costs in Thailand that is not the point !

Many people post/ impart information out of a wish to help and assist other expats.

The info given if used this evening could have saved someone a considerable amount of money....two baht in the pound approx if compared to the current market rate. Trust you now understand the motivation for the posting

Topfield, I think you need to get out a bit more!

Why not take a stroll to Nana Plaza. maybe BF a girl or 2 (or more). Go on, live dangerously! - you deserve it :D

Simon

Simon, how can the Warren Buffet of thaivisa think about girls when he's so earnestly looking out for all our financial wellbeing. The man selflessly and tirelessly (some might say monotonously, but not me!) monitors exchange rates every 10 minutes of every day, and this is how you express your gratitude.

shame on thaivisa . . . :o

What with change booths shutting down early there now looms a new danger to us all especially the six million tourists who visit us each year.

Spreads are bound to widen as the banks run much more serious risks. Swings of three percent several times a day are clear from the intra day charts.

Soon, instead of a fifty satang spread either way on travellers cheques this could, and indeed should, double so almost EVERYONE buying/selling baht will lose out.

What with change booths shutting down early there now looms a new danger to us all especially the six million tourists who visit us each year.

Spreads are bound to widen as the banks run much more serious risks. Swings of three percent several times a day are clear from the intra day charts.

Soon, instead of a fifty satang spread either way on travellers cheques this could, and indeed should, double so almost EVERYONE buying/selling baht will lose out.

I've always been an advocate of leaving things to the markets to sort out. Things always reach equilibrium in the end.

In this case, the market has found a great way of keeping cheap charlies out of Thailand.

Bravo I say, old chap.

I've always been an advocate of leaving things to the markets to sort out. Things always reach equilibrium in the end.

In this case, the market has found a great way of keeping cheap charlies out of Thailand.

Bravo I say, old chap.

dn3082-2_277.jpg

A new danger to us all? Surely the average travellers cheque-carrying traveller won't lose too much sleep over losing (or gaining) the few hundred baht this will impact.

For god's sake, man, get a grip.

Currency speculators and self-professed experts such as yourself would know that it's times of intense swings and volatility like this that they make the biggest profits. Volatility is another word for opportunity.

You are a strange fellow. You monitor the rates with the admirable astuteness of a financial hawk, and then you talk about how it will affect tourists bringing in a few hundred quid to spend on beer and suntan lotion.

Edited by bendix

Bravo I say, old chap.

Don't want it to be too volitile though, cheap charlies can be good too though, helps keep the prices down for the rest of us :o

A new danger to us all? Surely the average travellers cheque-carrying traveller won't lose too much sleep over losing (or gaining) the few hundred baht this will impact.

For god's sake, man, get a grip.

Currency speculators and self-professed experts such as yourself would know that it's times of intense swings and volatility like this that they make the biggest profits. Volatility is another word for opportunity.

You are a strange fellow. You monitor the rates with the admirable astuteness of a financial hawk, and then you talk about how it will affect tourists bringing in a few hundred quid to spend on beer and suntan lotion.

Sorry, I normally read what you post Bendix, but this is a load of rubbish.

1. It isn't a few hundred baht difference, it is a few hundred satung.

2. Volatility also causes the biggest losses for currency speculators. It is only when there is no volatility in a currency that everyone makes money in some sort of perpetual motion type way; I think it is called the Doppler Radar effect, or perhaps it is the Prima Facie Bin Laden Weka Waka Doctor Ropata theory. You know the one I mean. It came from Guatamala

3. YOU are strange. Just like Jim Morrison said

4. People don't bring in a few hundred quid for beer and suntan lotion. They bring in like, er, a few quid for that. They bring in a few hundred quid for girlies and boyees; much of the expenses from non Asian tourists are prepaid or are currency exchanged back in their own countries, not here

5. Hawks aren't that astute. Look at Bob Hawk. He showed a distinct lack of astuteness; in fact I haven't heard him say anything about this thread at all.

Sort ya facts out would ya.

Sorry, I normally read what you post Bendix, but this is a load of rubbish.

1. It isn't a few hundred baht difference, it is a few hundred satung.

2. Volatility also causes the biggest losses for currency speculators. It is only when there is no volatility in a currency that everyone makes money in some sort of perpetual motion type way; I think it is called the Doppler Radar effect, or perhaps it is the Prima Facie Bin Laden Weka Waka Doctor Ropata theory. You know the one I mean. It came from Guatamala

3. YOU are strange. Just like Jim Morrison said

4. People don't bring in a few hundred quid for beer and suntan lotion. They bring in like, er, a few quid for that. They bring in a few hundred quid for girlies and boyees; much of the expenses from non Asian tourists are prepaid or are currency exchanged back in their own countries, not here

5. Hawks aren't that astute. Look at Bob Hawk. He showed a distinct lack of astuteness; in fact I haven't heard him say anything about this thread at all.

Sort ya facts out would ya.

Hehehehehe.

###### you stevemarigno. Now you've shown me up for the financial buffoon I am, and have made a laughing stock of me in front of the whole forum.

You might want to remember your place, young man.

I happen to know you're one of those thai chappies. As such, you are not allowed to correct us white fellows' posts. It's universally known that you guys are uneducated and incompetent (cf dgoz's latest posts elsewhere), and only us whites know how it should be done.

I shall be asking the moderators to have you banned :o

Bob Hawke

post-32772-1169197418.jpg

So Bob Hawk does an E ler? Well, I always thought he was on something, now we know :-)

Cheers for the Aussie lesson ol' chum, next you can explain the vegemite marmite thing. :-)

As for you Bendix, I am short of the moneeey, pleat can I have the pay increat, my lazy fadder him spent everything on the lottery, and I got my period and cannot work tonight at Thermae to find me him rich farang man. You hansum man.