few hours visa overstay at airport ( BKK )

Last November i posted a message on the following lines and received a number of replies mostly saying i would be fined THB500 and wonder if anyone has any further information on the current situation at Suvarnabhumi airport, this is our position.......

UK passport holders with 2 months tourist visa arrived 13 Jan 2018 : 13:00hrs, checking in Business Class 06:30hrs 14 March 2018 for a flight to Dubai with Emirates, so technically overstaying by 6.5 hrs.

Is the worst case a fine of THB500, could a friendly immigration office wave us through or could there me a more sinister threat ?

Pls allow this space to post my question.

Is there a guaranteed safe and affordable place at the airport where I can leave my luggage for safekeeping after arriving while I am moving around sorting out things or looking around. Hard to lug around some 30 kg bag. 

Thanks

Edited by Master Jairam
Master

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No I haven't used them.... But (without wishing to come across as a smart arse)... Its left luggage, how important is the service ?... 

You know all my clothes n stuff will be in it. All new best quality money can buy.

Edited by Master Jairam
Master

I was on overstay for about 4 hours when i handed in my passport to the immigration officer at the airport just 2 days ago.

Nothing really just stamped the passport and said please follow me and led me another officer who wrote in my passport i overstayed less then 24 hours and that was it.

No fine.

Edited by Jackie66

back in the don muang days i had a few hours stop over in bangkok, didn't fancy hanging around the airport so popped through immigration, gave an ex a call, met up with her, went to a short time hotel, sorted her out then returned to the airport and paid the, i think, 500 baht airport tax at the kiosk (money well spent) and continued my journey. those were the days.

7 hours ago, Tom Bang said:

as i see it the stamp in the pasport doesn`t mention the time you have to leave, so if leaving the day that says in the pasport there is no overstay at all.

hello Tom

The stamp in my passport when arriving at Suvarnabhumi shows 13 Jan 2018, admitted until 13 March 2018, we check in 06:30am 14 March 2018. Mike

1 hour ago, mike pepper said:

hello Tom

The stamp in my passport when arriving at Suvarnabhumi shows 13 Jan 2018, admitted until 13 March 2018, we check in 06:30am 14 March 2018. Mike

To avoid any overstay, you'd need to go through immigration before midnight (assuming that is possible) and wait for your flight air-side. 

If you take the 1-day overstay, you could have trouble getting a Tourist Visa from a Thai-consulate in China (according to a recent report).