Gen Prawit assures Thai soccer fans will definitely be able to watch World Cup final matches

webfact

Gen Prawit assures Thai soccer fans will definitely be able to watch World Cup final matches

By Thai PBS

worldcup.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan has assured that Thai football fans would be able to watch the live broadcast of the final 64 matches of FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia through Free TV during June 14 – July 13.

In his capacity as the president of the Thai Olympic Committee, Gen Prawit said on Wednesday (Jan 17) that the Government Lottery Office (GLO) and some private companies would jointly pay for the broadcasting right.

Concerned agencies were in talk with with the concession right owner for Asia, Infront Sports & Media, for the live broadcast of the World Cup’s soccer matches in Thailand, Gen Prawit said.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prawit-assures-thai-soccer-fans-will-definitely-able-watch-world-cup-final-matches/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-19

Really?!  The rotund orc with an expensive luxury-watch fetish is president of LOS Olympic committee?  WOW, truth really is stranger than fiction.  It appears the only exercise he gets is shoveling unlimited helpings of pies and cakes into his swollen face.  Maybe he should set an example for the Olympic athletes by showing his prowess swimming the 200m breaststroke event... while wearing all of his (16? or more) super-bling watches of course.  I'm sure he would set a world speed record for immediately sinking to the bottom of the pool.  :shock1:  :partytime2: 

Edited by Jimbo in Thailand

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In his capacity as the president of the Thai Olympic Committee, Gen Prawit said on Wednesday (Jan 17) that the Government Lottery Office (GLO) and some private companies would jointly pay for the broadcasting right.

One of the most corrupt world bodies, the Olympic Committee's. I wonder if a watch or two may have transferred to Benny during his reign as boss of the committee?

Another headline to take your mind off any wrong doing.

57 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

We give you bread and games, but don't you dare to ask me what time it is!

To paraphrase Gracchus in Gladiator, 

"Fear and wonder, a powerful combination"

"I think he knows what Thailand is. Thailand is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Bangkok is not the marble of the parliament, it's the grass of the football stadium.

He'll bring them goals - and they will love him for it."

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ prawit and football

Edited by ratcatcher

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Not one person has posted any positive replies .

All just negative, conceited pessimism .

Anyway : Nice to hear that Thais will be able to watch the World cup : 

What do you expect? Ole fatty saying something and you think we should believe it.

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe it .

I believe that the World Cup will be shown of Free Thai TV .

Time will tell though

Yes i agree with you, my point was he never speaks truthfully so that is in my opinion why folks are making negative comments.

Edited by colinneil

And what about insuring your faithful ex-pat population, that you will compel True Visions, your satellite monopoly, to carry the 2018 Winter Olympics, and the 2020 Summer Olympics? Is that not a reasonable request? Those cheap charlies skipped the summer olympics last time, as they were unwilling to pay competitive rates for the programming. Exactly what they did when they got rid of HBO, and substituted the fabulously anemic Paramount and Warner channels. 1980's movies? The worlds lowest rental fees on movies no satellite company will rent anymore? Are we in Burkina Faso? And you claim this is the developing world? Prove it.

47 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Anyway : Nice to hear that Thais will be able to watch the World cup

You cite pessimism (even though pointing out that Prawit is unqualified to be the President of the Olympic Comittee and is just getting a free paycheck isn't pessimistic...it's  a fact) but your own post could be called out as being just a tad condescending, since Thailand is pretty developed in terms of media infrastructure and have been watching the World Cup since forever. :post-4641-1156694572:

1 minute ago, SABloke said:

You cite pessimism (even though pointing out that Prawit is unqualified to be the President of the Olympic Comittee and is just getting a free paycheck isn't pessimistic...it's  a fact) but your own post could be called out as being just a tad condescending, since Thailand is pretty developed in terms of media infrastructure and have been watching the World Cup since forever. :post-4641-1156694572:

The last World Cup wasnt shown on Free TV , it was Cable TV only

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

He may not be around by June and the next guy may have different ideas. 

Bread and Circuses to distract the masses. Soccer is a tedious bore anywhere in the world and Olympic Athletes are tw@ts showing off.

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As long as all the contracts and agreements are signed before he goes, it wouldnt matter whether he was still in office or not

I hope so and the government still have some small non budget change in the treasury. My favourite sport besides tennis. The 4 hours difference may pose some challenges for me. 

Easy, snowflake. 

If you don’t like to read negative, conceited and pessimistic views, I suggest you stay off the comments section of the internet. 

Also, can you not see that this news is being delivered as a way to detract attention away? If the people in power really wanna make Thais happy, have this good news delivered by someone who hasn’t been caught with his hands in the till. You know, use a little common sense. 

10 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Easy, snowflake. 

If you don’t like to read negative, conceited and pessimistic views, I suggest you stay off the comments section of the internet. 

Not sure why you are calling me a snowflake .

Most comment sections have various views from various people .

TV just seems to have everyone moaning all the time .

Not balanced views , just people looking for a negative in very story .

It gets depressing sometimes, reading all the misery

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Not sure why you are calling me a snowflake .

Most comment sections have various views from various people .

TV just seems to have everyone moaning all the time .

Not balanced views , just people looking for a negative in very story .

It gets depressing sometimes, reading all the misery

Yet here you are. Reading it and becoming depressed. That’s what most would call ‘counterproductive’. 

You can usually tell after the first 5-10 words of someone’s post if it’s worth reading. Or simply block members who make you wanna fall to your knees and cry. The power is with you.