Toyota dealership wrong oil

nard

I had Toyota carry out the first oil service on my truck yesterday at 1500km to remove any metal shavings from the machining process.i specifically asked for mineral oil Not synthetic.'yes,we have,can do for you' they said.so ghe oil change was done.When I got home after driving 30 km I noticed on the leftover oil can that it was semi synthetic oil they have used.When I told them this is not what I asked for they told me that they didn't have any mineral oil so used semi synthetic instead.

Should I get this semi synthetic oil changed to mineral oil or is it too late now I have driven 30 km(and 30more back to Toyota)

You're free to use whatever oil you prefer, but Toyota Thailand (or other brands) do not carry mineral oil. They only carry semi-synthetic, fully synthetic or 100% synthetic oil as it's what modern engines need. No need to change the oil. Use the semi-synthetic.

33 minutes ago, JoeW said:

You're free to use whatever oil you prefer, but Toyota Thailand (or other brands) do not carry mineral oil. They only carry semi-synthetic, fully synthetic or 100% synthetic oil as it's what modern engines need. No need to change the oil. Use the semi-synthetic.

Cheers,I won't worry about it anymore

3 hours ago, pieeyed said:

No need to change the oil at 1500 km. The first change is whatever the manufacturer recommends. 

That's up for debate. Some people prefer to change at 1,000 km and some don't. When I bought my PJS 5 years ago, the OM recommended an oil change at 1,000 km. My new Civic does not, but I still did.

16 hours ago, JoeW said:

That's up for debate. Some people prefer to change at 1,000 km and some don't. When I bought my PJS 5 years ago, the OM recommended an oil change at 1,000 km. My new Civic does not, but I still did.

Yep, it is called "insurance", maybe old school but for the cost it is worth it. Oil and filter at 1000km.....:stoner:

OP, you have the correct oil, it is mineral based oil with some nice stuff added..

12 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Luckily some TV 'experts' are more knowledgeable than the designers/manufacturers of these vehicles.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

And some Thai "mechanics"  think they know better than the factory engineers what is and isn't important at service intervals...... :whistling:

Archived