Vientiane giving out tourist visas to people who have had lots already?

I have been getting METV the past couple of years, and before that I had several tourist visas from around the region, including a couple from Vientiane. Would I have a problem getting a tourist visa in Vientiane? If so, are there other embassies in the region that would likely give me one? 

After looking over my current passport, I realized that I only have one tourist visa from Vientiane (back in January 2015). Before that I had two from Penang. However, Vientiane gave me the red stamp warning that I could be rejected another tourist visa. Since then I have only gotten METVs. With that warning from 3 years ago, could I have a problem getting one in Vientiane? Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jason1921 said:

After looking over my current passport, I realized that I only have one tourist visa from Vientiane (back in January 2015). Before that I had two from Penang. However, Vientiane gave me the red stamp warning that I could be rejected another tourist visa. Since then I have only gotten METVs. With that warning from 3 years ago, could I have a problem getting one in Vientiane? Thanks.

You will not get another one from Vientiane if you have the red stamp from them no matter how long ago it was

The only way you will get another one from there is if you have a new Passport

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason1921 said:

Thanks for the comments. Is there any place in the region where I might be able to get one?

Depends on where you have been before. Try Savannakhet, Ho Chi Min City , Phnom Penh or Yangon. 

But it seems you have been pushing it, so I would recommend renewing your passport.

Edited by thaibreaker

I have three 60 day tourist visas in my passport now. And just 1 of them is from Vientiane. I plan to get my next one from Vientiane but I would not be surprised at all if they gave me a red stamp. Even their policy might be to put it on the third one, I still don't assume it won't come earlier. These consulates and embassies can just do what they feel like at the end of the day. Case in point Penang giving some people a red stamp on their second visa request.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jason1921 said:

Thanks for the comments. Is there any place in the region where I might be able to get one?

With a red stamp, your only sure option is the boring Savannakhet in Laos. You will need to show financial proof, in the form of recent bank statements (not cash) before they will give you the visa.

• Like 1

What about in Savannakhet re the accomodation info they want? Is  just an apartment rental contract fine? And if it were hotel bookings you are showing them, how long does it need to be booked for? Full 60 days or is just 30 ok? Places like Ho Chi Minh are fine if u show them 30 days worth of bookings.

Edited by Essecola

35 minutes ago, Essecola said:

Let say a person used hotel bookings, does anyone know if 30 days of bookings is ok or do they want to see bookings for the entire trip?

No reports indicate you need hotel-booking(s) for the full 60 days.  I think a week would be enough, but maybe someone else who used a shorter booking can verify this.