Background Color of photo needed

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So what happens if you don't do the extension yourself?

You need to attend immigration briefly for the photo to be taken. A good agent will probably be able to arrange priority queuing so there is little hanging around. If using an agent, and you are not required to make an appearance at immigration, you should worry about fake stamps or an extension from the wrong immigration office. Avoid!

14 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You need to attend immigration briefly for the photo to be taken. A good agent will probably be able to arrange priority queuing so there is little hanging around. If using an agent, and you are not required to make an appearance at immigration, you should worry about fake stamps or an extension from the wrong immigration office. Avoid!

Sorry, no.

It is common to have extensions done by an agent, and I know quite a few agents who are doing this all above board at the Phuket immigration office. I have not done an extension myself in 15+ years, no issues at all.

1 hour ago, keeniau96 said:

Phuket does not need your photo, uses computer camera.

Most immigration offices still want a photo for the the TM7 form when you submit it.

Your post is the first one stating that Phuket does not want one that I can recall.

On 1/19/2018 at 1:31 PM, Max66 said:

Last year it was blue still the same?

Blue seems to be the standard background colour for ID photos in Thailand, judging from the various specimen samples on display at the Kodak shop where I get my extension of stay and re-entry permit mug shots each year.