Non O renewal 45 days from stamp not visa - <deleted>

Dragged our toddler out of bed at 6.30am to go to Chaengwattana today. Arrived at 7.45am and got seen at 10.30am. All docs in order but no extension.

It's my fault for not knowing the rules but (as ever here) the rules seem <deleted> dumb.

Visa expires 22nd Jan but last entry 30th Dec so my stamp is end of March which is > 45 days so they won't do it.

I explain I travel 2 - 3 times per month for work so if I can't do it now I'll have no visa to enter under when I next return. 

They told me to get a re-entry.

So I've already got (and paid for) a multiple entry visa and I have all the docs for (and want to pay for) a multiple entry extension but in the meantime I need to queue again and pay again for a re-entry permit?!?! Where's the logic in that??

Anyway I'm not queueing only to got and waste another morning there in a few weeks and then go a 3rd time to pick it up, I'll just go and get another visa.

There is no such thing as a multi entry extension - extensions do not allow entry without a re-entry permit.  You can get a re-entry permit to cover your next entry (before end of March).  The re-entry permit allows entry up until the current permitted to stay date.  Many offices will not extend more than 30 days early - Bangkok allows 45 days early.  So until that time you will require re-entry permits or obtain a new multi entry visa from outside Thailand (you will require re-entry permits on an extension of stay so probably better you obtain visa).

Edited by lopburi3