Bags for CBR 150

Randell

Hi papa al I had checked their website but unsure if any would fit my cbr150. So have sent them a query thanks for your quick reply. I know they would have tank bags  but it's the saddlebags that I 'm not sure of. 

Papa Al I was aware of CR saddlebags and have been incontact with Woraphat Bullard. They don't have any specific bags for CBR 150 but she said to come in to view what they had and she would mention what  other bags they had .

When I originally posted this I was hoping to hear from Some CBR 150 owners that had figured out a system and what they did to solve the problem. I am sure there is going to have some structural support from the back seat grip to the rear footrest support , just to keep any style of bag off the tire.

As a retired carpenter my skill set is woefully inadequate in dealing with metal and mechanics. I guess very fair to say mechanically challenged is an understatement. 555.

So if there are any out there that have come to a solution I would love to hear about it.

Not good if riding 2-up tho.

Same set-up from recent N Vietnam trip 

on rental bike.

Convenient to remove to room.

Honda Winner has 'same' 150cc 6-speed as ceeber.

Has E-  & kick-starter too.

.5a6dc4e7e992f_HondaWinnerVN.jpg.942f489af745e85ef539e904034961df.jpg

44-liter box here.

Never a fan of saddle-bags on bikes....hehe.

KISS

A mate of mine has a click 110 or 115.  He managed to get some Givi side boxes/panniers for it.

Universal bracket kit fitted and a top box too.  Looks ok and he loves it when he has to go shopping at Makro.

Panniers are plastic and easy to fit on and take off.

Try Helmet 2 Home along from Surowong bookstore in Chiang Mai, they will also arrange fitment

Papa Al that's a good looking honda and practical and a preferable riding position for the like of me  being on the hefty side. That's why  I put Phantom risers and a motocross handlebar on my 150.

I have another cbr 150 question for you as you seem to be right on top of it.  Can one fit a new  gas shock with the extra reserve bottle. Excuse me if I am mangling the actual terminology.  But if I can avoid a good size pot hold or bump. The shock seems to be bottoming out with a good thump. I have less the 20K on the bike but like I have mentioned I weigh 120 kgs. I wouldn't think that the original was shot at this point.  it's just I am actually to heavy for the bike but it what I have and newer options are not doable. With the way the red spring surrounds the shock it might not work. And then I guess I could just try and find a more heavy duty shock more in line with  fat ass.

What do you think?

Best find a more heavy duty shock more in line with your fat ass.

Dunno what is available.

Also, always stand up on the foot-pegs

[even just a little up off seat helps a lot]

for bumps; let you legs absorb some of the shock.

Inflate tires to spec, not more.

Kindly post some pics of your handle-bar set-up.

;-)

Sorry PapaAl first time and once I finally got the damn images I couldn't write anything. I also added at least 3 inches to the seat making it just about even with the pillion seat but thats still a work in progress as I am not totally happy with it. But far better than the original which I just could handle without a real sore back and arms.20180201_130705.thumb.jpg.0a1ba85e06a61da2f9def9b3010ea1bd.jpg

I will take your advice  about the shock as I usually do . I will check out and see If I can find a industrial strength one for my weight. Thanks again for your help. As I solve these small problems I will post results.

9 minutes ago, Randell said:

Sorry PapaAl first time and once I finally got the damn images I couldn't write anything. I also added at least 3 inches to the seat making it just about even with the pillion seat but thats still a work in progress as I am not totally happy with it. But far better than the original which I just could handle without a real sore back and arms.20180201_130705.thumb.jpg.0a1ba85e06a61da2f9def9b3010ea1bd.jpg

Nice.

Did your wife buy this bike for you?

Yes this is the one . She surprised me with it she managed to save 80K from our  rices fields back when the prices was over 10 baht.  She has since passed on I am sorry to say. It wouldn't have been my choice of bike but am happy with it .I don't really need to go any faster. Although with my weight it has a hard time staying above a 100 kph in high gear(5) but will quite easily do 125 kph in 4 gear. Between the seat height raise and the handlebar riser position I can sit straight up

Archived