True Vision in Hua Hin

Lancelot01

I have had True Vision (Gold) package TV at the apartment in Hua Hin for several years and have noticed the lack of quality / repeat programmes over the past six months together with the long adverts (primarily for True products) all in Thai language that I do not want. I cannot watch a programme with this constant interference.

The company raised the monthly subscription telling me that, by way of compensation for such increase, I would now receive access to one of the English football, Paramount movie channel and two others that I am not too interested in.  

The company have advertised that on one of the exsisting movie channels a new 'exciting' Korean soap "dubbed in English with Thai subtitles, all very good but no English.  

I am fed up now with this situation and ask members if there is a viable alternative to True Vision?

If I had 20 baht for each time that "Fast and Furious" and it's sequels has been aired in the last year....I could take every TVF member to the most expensive restaurant in Bangkok, and pay the bill....come to think of it, I probably would still have enough to have a trip somewhere other than Asia....:cheesy:

Seriously...has anyone noticed with the History Channels, that when they have flogged it to death on say CHL 556  they move it to CHL 557 and flogged to death there. Discovery and National Geographic do the same...  REPEATS!!, hell, I cant understand why they are still in business....

MOVIES...Most shown are that old, that all the actors have been dead for over 20yrs...:smile:

If you're not familiar with streaming, educate yourself and get the best internet connection offered where you live.  Then if you don't already have a blu-ray player or TV that has apps for streaming, get something to stream with.  An easy subscription is Netflix Thailand, there's more content on there anyone could watch in a lifetime.

Netflix will not give you news or sports, but there's avenues for that, too.  Good luck.

I diced true about 3 months ago bought a 3 gig android box of Lazada for around 3,500 baht pre loaded with all the features you want but I added Teranium Tv and unbelievably get all the sport you want to watch , up to date movies , history channels ect ect . But need good internet 30 + mbs and use a VPN . Or there are a few that offer good products like Iptv take your pick 

27 minutes ago, Barney R said:

I diced true about 3 months ago bought a 3 gig android box of Lazada for around 3,500 baht pre loaded with all the features you want but I added Teranium Tv and unbelievably get all the sport you want to watch , up to date movies , history channels ect ect . But need good internet 30 + mbs and use a VPN . Or there are a few that offer good products like Iptv take your pick 

Teranium TV an app?

On 1/22/2018 at 7:10 PM, weegee said:

If I had 20 baht for each time that "Fast and Furious" and it's sequels has been aired in the last year....I could take every TVF member to the most expensive restaurant in Bangkok, and pay the bill....come to think of it, I probably would still have enough to have a trip somewhere other than Asia....:cheesy:

Seriously...has anyone noticed with the History Channels, that when they have flogged it to death on say CHL 556  they move it to CHL 557 and flogged to death there. Discovery and National Geographic do the same...  REPEATS!!, hell, I cant understand why they are still in business....

MOVIES...Most shown are that old, that all the actors have been dead for over 20yrs...:smile:

They are still in business because they don't waste money on such non-essentials as decent programming :sad:

3 yrs back I bought a tv top box. I get everything I want. I took one back to New Zealand for my son and 3 weeks after he cancelled his Sky TV's paying $125 per month.

i live mainly in Khon Kaen and it gives me all that I need, but get the best vifi. I tried a couple and ended up with True internet which was the best of the lot. Fast and very little problems.

6 hours ago, DavidB4 said:

Depending on what you want to watch, this is one of the best free internet sites for USA TV shows:  http://www.watchepisodeseries.com/

Unfortunately a perusal of the front page reveals no prestige shows such as Ray Donovan or Berlin Station from the premium channels and streaming services. The shows are all commercial network type

There are lots of iptv services available that have servers in all different places in the world but it depends on which country you are in and how your network is and what traffic is hitting the server where you get your supply from.The cheapest is OTT by James 800 HD USA/UK channels at about £6 to £8 a month these servers are in Singapore but do beffer in peak times.The best one ive seen is NITRO tv out of USA €170 a year and you can have on 3 devices with 3 different ip addresses so you can share between 3 people.Vader streams is about the 2nd best iptv supplier for value along with the players klub. You just need to search on google and facebook. If you want free iptv best use any of the following apk files which run free servers out of pakistan with great streaming to SE ASIA which are paid for by watching a 5 second advert when you click on the channels.

These are

LIVE NET

SWIFT STREAMS

RED BOX

UK NOW TV

With all the above app are subject to buffering in peak times especially if your watching sports.My final tip would be install CHROME which has its own built in flash player and enter this address for amazing HD iptv with hardly no buffering firstonetv.net

17 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

Unfortunately a perusal of the front page reveals no prestige shows such as Ray Donovan or Berlin Station from the premium channels and streaming services. The shows are all commercial network type

Incorrect; maybe you didn't see them on the front page where you looked but they have those shows (as I've watched them regularly and right after they aired) and EVERY top show including Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Vikings, the Marvel Shows and new ones like Hard Sun and Burden of Truth.

After six months I learned something about the True Remote control. Mine has a button directly below the RED button, this button says AUDIO on it. When I press this Audio button sometimes a box shows on the TV screen that allows me to switch between Thai and English audio. Who knew?

So, sometimes you can get English when you don't even know its available.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, Dustdevil said:

On 1/27/2018 at 1:07 PM, DavidB4 said:

Incorrect; maybe you didn't see them on the front page where you looked but they have those shows (as I've watched them regularly and right after they aired) and EVERY top show including Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Vikings, the Marvel Shows and new ones like Hard Sun and Burden of Truth.

Great, thanks for that. Guess I was lazy.

Archived