P2p Preferences?

kmart

Just tried to get my Limewire Pro (yes, its paid for...) prog working and it seems to be unable to connect to the network through my ISP (TOT High Speed). :o

Are there any other (maybe lesser known) P2P apps can be used here? :D

sometimes I using BitComet for to download Torrent files as just in the moment for some FSX ad ons. Works fine for me but the speed isn't that good in the moment. The max I can get right now is about 30 - 40 kB but normal it was about 150-200 kB.

I gave up on trying to pull torrents over my CS Loxinfo connection. Never ever did the MidSums pan out. Every download seemed to be corrupted or have lost packets.

Limewire is said to seriously corrupt the Apple OS X HDD's something about poorer than poor file system mgmt and ruined directory structures over time.

Mind you, I'm not trying to spread the FUD, just urging caution....

I use BitSpirit and PeerWeb. Both are working just fine on my KSC 'commercial' connection.

Note that most ISPs close the default P2P ports and many use packet shaping to limit the bandwidth allowed by P2P applications.

I use random ports on bitcomet and it does not work. I use Limewire Pro and it does not work. Until I log on to my vpn. Then they work fine.

I heard that port forwarding on the router helps. No time to do it. Anyone try doing that?

I port forwarded my IpStar sat. so I could use Bitcomet, trouble is you have to turn off Net Gain for it to work, which seriously slows down your connection. So its not so clever

I use random ports on bitcomet and it does not work. I use Limewire Pro and it does not work. Until I log on to my vpn. Then they work fine.

I heard that port forwarding on the router helps. No time to do it. Anyone try doing that?

Port forwarding is not that difficult, and yes it will improve your download spees (a lot). Have a look at http://www.portforward.com/

KSC put their users, at least in Udon Thani, behind a True Internet firewall on 27th. This firewall did not forward the IP to the outside world and almost all ports were blocked except some of the ones "most" people use like 80, 8080, 23 and so on. Of the things that did not work was using ordinary old version of emule without obfuscation, winmx and nntps. They have reconfigured as of friday, but the network quality is so low. A lot of these applications rely on UDP traffic and such being a connectionless protocol a lot of problems arise with a highly congested network. I was able to get emule(newest version) with protocol obfuscation to work and to get winmx working setting up an ssh tunnel.:o Interesting that one have to use that when KSC denied anything being blocked or maybe they just don´t know what block is.:-o ??

Edited by Temp