Two injured as ‘maxi scooter’ slams back of van

webfact

Two injured as ‘maxi scooter’ slams back of van

Eakkapop Thongtub

1516952155_1-org.jpg

The two men riding the 300cc Yamaha ‘maxi scooter’ were both taken to hospital. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Two men were injured when the 300cc Yamaha “maxi scooter” they were riding struck a box-on-back converted pickup truck then slammed into the back of a passenger van being driven by the Srisoonthorn Deputy Mayor at high speed early yesterday evening (Jan 25).

Capt Ronnatee Pichitchainitimet of the Thalang Police was notified of the accident, in front of the “3pm” Chinese noodle shop on Thepkrasattri Rd northbound in Srisoonthorn, at 6:30pm.

Capt Ronnatee alonng with fellow officers and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a damaged white Yamaha X-MAX 300cc scooter on the road, right behind a black Hyundai van with a damage from the impact.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/two-injured-as-maxi-scooter-slams-back-of-van-65734.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-26

8 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

So the deputy mayor was speeding.

The Deputy Mayor's van was parked, but yes the awkward writing style of this reporter can often lead to  misinterpretation. He does report on a lot of these incidents so is probably too busy to brush up on his English writing skills.

These speeding fools did something right, it seems they wore good, life saving helmets.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Two men were injured when the 300cc Yamaha “maxi scooter” they were riding struck a box-on-back converted pickup truck then slammed into the back of a passenger van being driven by the Srisoonthorn Deputy Mayor at high speed early yesterday evening (Jan 25).

So what really happened then?

perhaps the bike was dangerously swerving in and out of traffic... tried to swerve past the mayors car, but didn’t have the room.... glaced of another vehicle (converted pickup), and was propelled sideways into the rear of the car he was trying to swerve past

pure speculation of course.... I’m sure that the reality will be brake failure.

3 hours ago, Happy enough said:

what's fancy about that plate? 999 means nothing here. 555 are usually expensive

Means nothing here? Is that why it’s the most expensive one in the attached image?

544F6D8B-285C-4B68-88F5-A4ABC08FDD07.jpeg

Driving at high speed. Do Thais ever drive any other way (except dead slow when they can't drive or are dead drunk)? In the UK they have a speed limit for built-up areas which, I believe is 30 mph and in some places only 20 mph. In Thailand they don't appear to have any concept that they should slow down in busy areas. Just the usual total absence of any common sense. 

11 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Driving at high speed. Do Thais ever drive any other way (except dead slow when they can't drive or are dead drunk)? In the UK they have a speed limit for built-up areas which, I believe is 30 mph and in some places only 20 mph. In Thailand they don't appear to have any concept that they should slow down in busy areas. Just the usual total absence of any common sense. 

Yes, a common trait is driving very slowly and weaving left and right holding up traffic and not giving a damn about other road users as they simply have to select like on a Facebook post or respond to a line message.

20 hours ago, Happy enough said:

no it isn't. please point to me that it is

7999? nothing as far as i can see

I was merely highlighting the fact that 9s are more expensive than 5s. But never mind. 

37 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

one more thing. prove to me that 9's are more expensive than 5's because i don't believe that. but i will stand corrected if you show that

Look at the item I attached. The single 9 is priced at 230,000, whereas the single 5 is 195,000. 

1 hour ago, Happy enough said:

you were merely highlighting the fact that it was the most expensive plate, which it wasn't. but nevermind

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said it was the most expensive. I said It was a fancy plate and wondered how much it cost the taxpayer.