UK spells out Brexit transition demands as pressure mounts on PM May

rooster59

It’s called democracy, something that isn’t properly understood and which even the EU admit it suffers a ‘deficiency’ of. Leaders of all UK political parties over decades held back waiting for a favourable result and misjudged the mood of the public, badly. Yet it was close and if they had managed to wait even another five years, the result may have been much different. When the EU financial and social collapse does come, hopefully the UK will already be far removed from the effects.   

Close? I’m afraid 1 million isn’t close & the referendum was 5 yrs overdue.

Misjudged? Cameron was simply arrogant as he was convinced remain would win, using £9 million taxpayers funds as part of his campaign was also wrong, after all its not ‘his’ money.

I don’t believe they’ll be a EU financial collapse, Germany for one will ensure the EU & the Euro WILL survive, let’s not forget its internal EU fiscal reform that Brussels have fought against, well the EU’s 2nd biggest net contributor is leaving so it has little choice but to revise its forthcoming fiscal plans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

This would be the same Jacob Rees Mogg who is opposed to all abortion including cases of rape.

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The very same Jacob Rees Mogg who said that on this type of matter he takes his whip from the hierarchy of the Catholic Church rather than the Whip's Office. Let's see a little more of our forum uber hard brexiteers who want Rees Mogg as PM (and that means not just Brexit, dear chums) spin away trying to defend this Tory Troglodyte with one hand while sticking a knife into the back of Theresa May with their other one.

On the issue of his anti abortion stance, he has stated he is a Catholic  who takes the teachings of the Catholic Church seriously.

In the case of non abortion for rape victims he has said he believes human life begins at conception.

He also said and for me this is the clincher .......the democratic majority are equally entitled to laws that do not follow the teachings of the Catholic Church.

This is not a popular position to hold if you have political ambitions so I regard them as sincerely held. To call someone who has a different view to yourself a Troglodyte is bigoted but typical of you.

I don't want to argue with you about abortion......this is not the post for that and I think our views might be similar. This is a post about Brexit  So lets hear your views about his weaknesses in the Brexit debate.

43 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The habitual TV remaining posters on here seem very quiet. The truth seems to do that with them. When the facts and truths are clearly pointed out, they just pretend that it didn't happen, waiting for an opportunity to claim that the vote wasn't binding, people didn't know what they were doing and all those voted leave are racists, and stupid. The rhetoric is becoming tedious, predictable and quite frankly pathetic.

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I would have voted for all foreigners (whose great grandparents weren't British citizens) out of the UK.

Sadly, nobody gave me that option.

Well fancy that!

15 hours ago, citybiker said:

Close? I’m afraid 1 million isn’t close & the referendum was 5 yrs overdue.

Misjudged? Cameron was simply arrogant as he was convinced remain would win, using £9 million taxpayers funds as part of his campaign was also wrong, after all its not ‘his’ money.

I don’t believe they’ll be a EU financial collapse, Germany for one will ensure the EU & the Euro WILL survive, let’s not forget its internal EU fiscal reform that Brussels have fought against, well the EU’s 2nd biggest net contributor is leaving so it has little choice but to revise its forthcoming fiscal plans.

One million is close in a country of around 65 million and is the reason it was promised and continually put back over the years. The publicly funded remain propaganda shows how unsure the leadership was.

Neither the German or French economies are so powerful that they can finance all the EU countries and were never meant to. The EU was a failed project when it moved from the EEC to the EU and started to become politicized. That was always the intention and just like the old USSR with its centralized planning and elitist rule, it will also fail. Come the next indoctrinated generation and if it hasn’t happened by then, Europe and the UK are heading for big problems.    

57 minutes ago, citybiker said:

@smedly your correct the U.K. is still in the EU (for now) however incorrect that it’s a debate not an argument reference the points.

Disappointing that people are focusing more on JRM personal views than the political element, and agree that Brussels are scared of JRB because he clearly speaks his mind, I do admire the guy however even Jacob knows he’ll never be PM because of his ‘personal views’.

Unless pressure is firmly applied with a staunch backbone then JRM is quite right to point out the U.K. is heading for Brino....Brexit in name only.

Which is NOT what the majority voted for, 2018 is yet another challenge to deal and overcome, we’ll just see how it pans out.

the point I was making was about the constant accusations of leave telling lies, one of the favorites is the extra money the NHS will get, well since we haven't left the EU yet then it can hardly be called a lie. lol

However I do seem to remember the remain campaign claiming doom and gloom it the leave vote won, those really were lies

the point I was making was about the constant accusations of leave telling lies, one of the favorites is the extra money the NHS will get, well since we haven't left the EU yet then it can hardly be called a lie. lol

However I do seem to remember the remain campaign claiming doom and gloom it the leave vote won, those really were lies

To be fair ‘any intelligent’ person looked beyond the PR element, both campaigns had questionable parts however the core of the matter was how the electorate ‘interpreted’ these issues.

Reference the NHS, continually chucking money at it won’t solve its issues.

The U.K. is leaving the EU, so the focus should be a clean, pragmatic and damage limitation process, I’m glad the like’s of JRM and his committee are continuing the pressure on Government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

No, this is where I am confident in saying that, unless you are holding your AA map of the British Isles upsides down, the north of the UK is ALWAYS Scotland.

Well apart from the fact that I haven't seen a road map of the UK in many years, apart from the fact that I was replying to somebody else's post who was probably the person who got it wrong in the first place, apart from the fact that you obviously did not read or understand my follow up post to you and apart from the fact that I really don't care you may be correct.

Apart from all of that if you can't understand that I really don't care. You get to be tedious and boring in your posts sometimes.

3 hours ago, ckerr83 said:

If this is the case, please show me where you "read and accepted the rules as they were written",  show me a legally binding document that states a simple majority is sufficient and we'll put this to bed.

Obviously I wasn't implying that the only people who voted for brexit were in the north of England - I was implying that the vast majority of people who voted for brexit lived in this area.

I can explain it to you but obviously neither I nor anybody else can understand it for you, especially as you have no intention of even attempting to understand it.

What I suggest that you do is contact this lady and explain that YOU don't accept that the referendum is legal and what she and her government are doing as YOU don't believe that it is legal.

Rt Hon Theresa May MP

Constituency

Maidenhead

Address as

Mrs May

Party

Conservative

Contact Details

Parliamentary

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Tel: 020 7219 5206

Fax: 020 7219 1145

Email: [email protected]

Departmental

10 Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA

Tel: 020 7276 3000

Please quote this to her in your email and don't forget to post the reply when you get one.

Your words and not mine.

"If this is the case, please show me where you "read and accepted the rules as they were written",  show me a legally binding document that states a simple majority is sufficient and we'll put this to bed."

Now where do you think I may find a legally binding document that states a simple majority is sufficient. I have no idea nor do I care. You want one, you look for one. Try the government of the UK as it was their referendum and not mine.

Until then please leave me alone and go annoy somebody else.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text as I forgot to add TM contact details.

3 hours ago, John V said:

Age might make a big difference in how people view the EU. I’m in my 60s and so saw the UK a prosperous thriving country. Ten years ago I left and already saw the poverty, drugs, government dependency and inner city ghettos. Is this the brave new world the EU promised, because it looks like an EUSSR in all but name. 

Educated or not, has the west really been so dumbed down that millennials believe European leaders who say they’re taking advice from spacemen?!

Could one of the forum's French speakers confirm if the translation is correct? What Juncker appears to be saying is said without a trace of irony or humour, and nobody in the audience is even smiling! How bizarre!

15 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Could one of the forum's French speakers confirm if the translation is correct? What Juncker appears to be saying is said without a trace of irony or humour, and nobody in the audience is even smiling! How bizarre!

Pay me even a quarter of their salaries and I'll also keep a straight face.

It can't be any worse than this.

Edited by John V

2 hours ago, citybiker said:

The U.K. is leaving the EU, so the focus should be a clean, pragmatic and damage limitation process, I’m glad the like’s of JRM and his committee are continuing the pressure on Government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree . In the complex Brexit equation Rees Mogg  is the only leader who articulates what people like us want.

A sovereign country, in control of its borders, own currency and legal system. 

Soft Brexiteers and the EU and to a large extent Therese May have still to decide. 

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

I used to be fair at French but Juncker sounds pissed again so I had some trouble in bits!

And I'm not sure how many leaders of other planets Juncker is trying to con into joining the EU. 

Maybe the ESA had made better progress than it's letting on?:smile:

1 hour ago, aright said:

I agree . In the complex Brexit equation Rees Mogg  is the only leader who articulates what people like us want.

A sovereign country, in control of its borders, own currency and legal system. 

Soft Brexiteers and the EU and to a large extent Therese May have still to decide. 

"people like us..." :neus::crazy::whistling::cheesy:

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Well apart from the fact that I haven't seen a road map of the UK in many years, apart from the fact that I was replying to somebody else's post who was probably the person who got it wrong in the first place, apart from the fact that you obviously did not read or understand my follow up post to you and apart from the fact that I really don't care you may be correct.

Apart from all of that if you can't understand that I really don't care. You get to be tedious and boring in your posts sometimes.

I am sure there are many individuals who would provide assistance with using Google Maps assuming you aren't, like many brexiteers, still using a dumbphone.

Edited by SheungWan

19 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I am sure there are many individuals who would provide assistance with using Google Maps assuming you aren't, like many brexiteers, still using a dumbphone.

Just out of interest, do you write your own material or do you have Galton and Simpson to help? :smile:

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

I can explain it to you but obviously neither I nor anybody else can understand it for you, especially as you have no intention of even attempting to understand it.

What I suggest that you do is contact this lady and explain that YOU don't accept that the referendum is legal and what she and her government are doing as YOU don't believe that it is legal.

Rt Hon Theresa May MP

Constituency

Maidenhead

Address as

Mrs May

Party

Conservative

Contact Details

Parliamentary

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Tel: 020 7219 5206

Fax: 020 7219 1145

Email: [email protected]

Departmental

10 Downing Street, London, SW1A 2AA

Tel: 020 7276 3000

Please quote this to her in your email and don't forget to post the reply when you get one.

Your words and not mine.

"If this is the case, please show me where you "read and accepted the rules as they were written",  show me a legally binding document that states a simple majority is sufficient and we'll put this to bed."

Now where do you think I may find a legally binding document that states a simple majority is sufficient. I have no idea nor do I care. You want one, you look for one. Try the government of the UK as it was their referendum and not mine.

Until then please leave me alone and go annoy somebody else.

It was you, and you alone, who claimed that you "read and accepted the rules, as they were written" prior to voting but now can't produce or even reference said document. 

It's clear to me that you're not one for letting the truth get in the way of a good story, or a good debate for that matter. Maybe you should apply to the Rt Hon Theresa May, you've got all the right qualities!!

12 minutes ago, ckerr83 said:

It was you, and you alone, who claimed that you "read and accepted the rules, as they were written" prior to voting but now can't produce or even reference said document. 

It's clear to me that you're not one for letting the truth get in the way of a good story, or a good debate for that matter. Maybe you should apply to the Rt Hon Theresa May, you've got all the right qualities!!

You really are clutching at straws. The government stated, in a pamphlet sent out to every household in the UK: "This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide.". The referendum was set up and held in a legal way. Whether or not the government was legally bound by the result is a total irrelevance. No politician in power, or with any chance of getting into power, is prepared to openly renounce brexit. Any politician who is against brexit has to cloak their disruption. Politicians understand that their careers are over if they openly challenge the result of the referendum. We have had this discussion many, many times on here. Why don't you write to your MP about this? If they are a Lib Dem or a Scot Nat, you might like their response. Otherwise, you will be disappointed.

9 minutes ago, chrissables said:
20 hours ago, SheungWan said:

This would be the same Jacob Rees Mogg who is opposed to all abortion including cases of rape.

What has this to do with Brexit?

Do you question any / all muslim politicians on child brides? 

He's always happy to champion a war criminal who has genocide on his hands. He's even proud to have gone out canvassing for him.

6 hours ago, ckerr83 said:

Post to me again WHEN you get a reply from the PM. Until then I shall simply ignore you as I should have done earlier.

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

You really are clutching at straws. The government stated, in a pamphlet sent out to every household in the UK: "This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide.". The referendum was set up and held in a legal way. Whether or not the government was legally bound by the result is a total irrelevance. No politician in power, or with any chance of getting into power, is prepared to openly renounce brexit. Any politician who is against brexit has to cloak their disruption. Politicians understand that their careers are over if they openly challenge the result of the referendum. We have had this discussion many, many times on here. Why don't you write to your MP about this? If they are a Lib Dem or a Scot Nat, you might like their response. Otherwise, you will be disappointed.

He simply doesn't want to and is not interested in listening.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Post to me again WHEN you get a reply from the PM. Until then I shall simply ignore you as I should have done earlier.

He simply doesn't want to and is not interested in listening.

Sounds to me that after hours of asking google, you can't find anything in writing that clearly outlines the required voting threshold prior to the referendum.

Feel free to return to your Daily Mail!!

11 minutes ago, aright said:

Have you considered upping your game?

The insults never worked. The tit-for-tat reporting of posts just ended up with nearly everybody getting suspensions. You'd like to think that civil debate would be the way forward.

Edited by Khun Han