PM maintains election still within roadmap’s timeline

rooster59

PM maintains election still within roadmap’s timeline

prayut240161.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha insisted on Friday (Jan 26) that he did not meddle with the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) in their handling of the bill for the election of members of parliament and pleaded with all parties concerned to be reasonable and to follow the law.

From now on until when there is an election, he vowed to perform his duty the best he could and would try to forge understanding with the public, politicians and political parties so that there would be peace and stability.

Speaking to reporters after attending the Asean-India Summit in New Delhi, the prime minister maintained that the election tentatively set for February, 2019 would be held in accordance with the roadmap even though enforcement of the bill for the election of MPs would take effect 90 days after its publication in the Royal Gazette.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-maintains-election-still-within-roadmaps-timeline/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-27

My God: the election is only 'tentatively' set for February 2019?! Even after the delay announced a day ago, already they are potentially pushing it further back with the time-manipulating word, 'tentatively'!

These people have zero shame. And (for now) the Thais continue to take it, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. How much longer?

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

My God: the election is only 'tentatively' set for February 2019?! Even after the delay announced a day ago, already they are potentially pushing it further back with the time-manipulating word, 'tentatively'!

These people have zero shame. And (for now) the Thais continue to take it, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. How much longer?

How long is a piece of string ?

In the end it will probably fall to the students to start popular protests for him to step down. These will be joined by the same dimwits who brought down the elected government and the show will go on.

City folk don't understand democracy and need reeducation.

Until they can grasp the fact that if your horse loses a race you have to wait for the next one before trying again there can be no progress.

The rules this guy says he must follow are rules he made after the coup . So it is make the rules that work for you and then say hey I only work to rule. What a bunch of crap.

The first rule should be do  not over throw an elected government.

2 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

The rules this guy says he must follow are rules he made after the coup . So it is make the rules that work for you and then say hey I only work to rule. What a bunch of crap.

The first rule should be do  not over throw an elected government.

And yet they even, constantly, break their own 'rules'! What a bunch of criminals indeed ...

11 hours ago, Eligius said:

I have been told that in Asian culture time is endless....and in this case it appears to be true. Until Thai society says enough is enough this will continue.