Pattaya - Hua Hin Ferry.

LoZth

Good Morning,

advice needed please.

I've checked up on the ferry terminals both sides but I but I have a few questions.

Pattaya.

1) Is there dedicated transport to the terminal, or will we need to private hire a songtheow? (motorcy taxi's are not an option)

2) Where would the best/easiest place be to p/hire a s/theow, where the Jomtien s/theows pick up on 2nd road outside the school?

3) Approx price?

Hua Hin side.

I've found out that it's approx 10K from the terminal. (according to google maps, hmmmmm)

1) Is there a bus into HH, if so where does it drop off?

2) Or will it be a taxi, meter or otherwise?

3) If no meter approx price?

(when I ask the price, some say I'm tight, I tell them I'm not a tourist, I just don't like paying tourist silly prices! ;-) )

Thank you in advance.

Loz.

(Ban Puek)

On the Hua Hin side, there are usually tuk tuks and "private car taxis" waiting.  The fare should be about 150 bath for areas in the south of town, 200 baht to the center of town around the clock tower, and a little more if you're going further north.  Nobody will have a meter, you must negotiate before you get in.

If you walk a few hundred meters to the main road you can catch a songthao going north for 10 baht each but it will go on its defined route and not necessarily where you want to go.

1 hour ago, mwbrown said:

On the Hua Hin side, there are usually tuk tuks and "private car taxis" waiting.  The fare should be about 150 bath for areas in the south of town, 200 baht to the center of town around the clock tower, and a little more if you're going further north.  Nobody will have a meter, you must negotiate before you get in.

If you walk a few hundred meters to the main road you can catch a songthao going north for 10 baht each but it will go on its defined route and not necessarily where you want to go.

Oh my. That is soooooo classic. Ferry service to Hu Hin that doesn't go to Hua Hin. TiT.

4 hours ago, wump said:

//

Unless you are past Soi Chayapruek expect to pay roughly these prices.

Why pay so much when the regular bahtbus would cost 10 baht per person ?

Stop at Marine Hotel/Soi 16 and you are at about 700m from Bali Hai Pier, a small 8 minutes walk

Thanks for the advice gents, my mate can't walk very far so I doubt he'd make all the way along Walking St but I'll have a look at The Marine Hotel Mr Pattaya46.

Again thanks a lot everybody.

Loz.

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh my. That is soooooo classic. Ferry service to Hu Hin that doesn't go to Hua Hin. TiT.

But then you can't say you're flying to London if you're arriving at Gatwick, right? After all it's 47km outside central London. Shall we multiply examples?

What's classic is merely the claim that some incident or situation often found elsewhere is unique to Thailand or Pattaya—one our silliest forms of bashing as so easily refuted.

On 1/27/2018 at 3:52 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Massive fleet of Ryanair planes fly  to Barcelona, but they land 120 km away from Barcelona. But the booking destination is still Barcelona.

Ferry goes to Hua Hin, but 555 away.

7 hours ago, JSixpack said:

But then you can't say you're flying to London if you're arriving at Gatwick, right? After all it's 47km outside central London. Shall we multiply examples?

What's classic is merely the claim that some incident or situation often found elsewhere is unique to Thailand or Pattaya—one our silliest forms of bashing as so easily refuted.

Gatwick or Heathrow are not described as airports IN London. That description is Reserved for the London Airport, which is actually in London. The Pattaya to Hua Hin ferry claims to go to Hua Hin. It does leave from actually in Pattaya. The railway station near to Surat Thani does not claim to be in Surat Thani.

London actually has a decent public transport service. No need to ever use a taxi.

Nice try, but no cigar.

42 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

Massive fleet of Ryanair planes fly  to Barcelona, but they land 120 km away from Barcelona. But the booking destination is still Barcelona.

Ferry goes to Hua Hin, but 555 away.

What else would you expect from Ryan Air? 

I was unfortunate enough to use that so called airline once, never again as it's <deleted>.

Only worse experience was on Virgin train to Hollyhead.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Gatwick or Heathrow are not described as airports IN London.

Exactly my point as the Hua Hin ferry terminal (pier!) is nowhere described as being IN Hua Hin—as you admit:

The Pattaya to Hua Hin ferry claims to go to Hua Hin.

Exactly. TO, not IN or INTO Hua Hin. TO the pier, technically speaking for the obtuse. So it's quite the same as when you book a flight TO London and your flight terminates at Gatwick you see. And the same as this case, thank you:

The railway station near to Surat Thani does not claim to be in Surat Thani.

The Surat Thani station, as with the Hua Hin ferry terminal, such as it is.:smile: Hence your admission the ferry doesn't claim to go IN Hua Hin.

London actually has a decent public transport service. No need to ever use a taxi.

For which part of your high taxes have funded in the nanny state but will still cost you £16. Most would find paying B150 for a private taxi preferable, or for our skint members, 10 baht for the songthaew.

Nice try, but no cigar.

555555555555555555555. One of the more fatuous arguments I've encountered on the forum recently, contradicting the very point it tries to prove and even offering evidence to support the opposition. :laugh: But TiTVF.

The hen is the wisest of all the animal creation, because she never cackles until the egg is laid.

― Abraham Lincoln

Edited by JSixpack

On 1/27/2018 at 3:52 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Where did I say the ferry doesn't go to Hua Hin?  The city is tall and narrow and the ferry arrives at a point near the south end.  It's right at a beach that has several very nice hotels and condos and a golf course if you want to stay there.  If not, to get to the center of town, or any other place, it's easy to take a tuk tuk.

On 1/29/2018 at 9:49 AM, TaaSaparot said:

Last time I looked, the ferry arrived at Khao Takiab, which I would not include as part of Hua Hin town.

And where do the boundaries of Hua Hin town lie?

I am considering taking the ferry but nothing constructive on this thread.