Register your EOS tokens before 1st June this yr

surinteacher2016

If you own EOS tokens you need to register them before 1st June:

https://eos.io/instructions

If you are techie phobic you  might want to follow this guide or search on youtube:

https://steemit.com/eos/@eos-helpguide/so-you-purchased-eos-on-an-exchange-why-you-need-to-register-your-ethereum-wallet-address-at-eos-io-prior-to-the-1-june-2018

Im a technically minded guy and can admit the process was a bit strange. It seems that you should have some ethereum in your 'MyEtherWallet' wallet. It will cost usd$2 to register. Also, a red error message was displayed on the screen when I tried to register. I worked it out that it is necessary to turn on 'contract data' on my hardware wallet. <deleted>.

Anyways it worked in the end after a hour of buggerising around with it. Now I will get the new EOS tokens on the new blockchain.

Good luck is all I can say.

What is EOS?    Where would you recommend I secure an Ethereum wallet?

I'm not tech-savvy, but  have considered getting some Ethers (or whatever they're called)

....and possibly also a gizmo that generates that digital currency.  I have a tech-savvy friend who could possibly assist.  

After spending 2 hrs online comparing the different digital gigs, Ethereum looks comparatively good. 

On 2/4/2018 at 10:08 AM, boomerangutang said:

What is EOS?    Where would you recommend I secure an Ethereum wallet?

I'm not tech-savvy, but  have considered getting some Ethers (or whatever they're called)

....and possibly also a gizmo that generates that digital currency.  I have a tech-savvy friend who could possibly assist.  

After spending 2 hrs online comparing the different digital gigs, Ethereum looks comparatively good. 

You sound like you need to do more research before jumping in. Its a good time to buy now bc the market has crashed. You should not rely on a tech savvy friend as they could later steel your coins. Do not let him/her see your 12 word or 24 word private keys on any hardware wallet. You should watch more youtube videos for educational purposes

Archived