110k Baht for house building approval?

Sakeopete

On 2/5/2018 at 12:55 PM, Cashboy said:

My opinion:  Way too expensive.

I did my own drawings using Excel as I have no CAD software.

Then paid an architect 10,000 bt to make them into drawings for the government planning office.

I paid 4,000 bt for the engineer to do the structural calculations.

I paid 5,000 bt for submission and approval at the local government planning office and supposedly approval at the province government office (due to size).

So total was 19,000 bt and all done and approved in 2 weeks by the architect that just happened to work in the government planning office.

That was recently as in December 2017.

It all started by the Thai girl going to her local government office and enquiring what she would need to do to build a new house in her village.

I would get your Thai girl to go to the government planning office and ask and see if she can work something out like that.

I also did my own plans and then paid 3000 baht to have them done as engineering drawings, that and the planning office fee was about all I paid on the paperwork side. We even escaped the envelope on completion.

I have to say I am surprised you got away with running the sewage waste water into the street drain, disposal of that water was something they were quite particular about.

On 2/10/2018 at 3:00 AM, sandyf said:

I have to say I am surprised you got away with running the sewage waste water into the street drain, disposal of that water was something they were quite particular about.

In a lot of places in Western Europe you have the sludge and settlement tank and then run into the street rain water drains.

It wasn't on the drawing passed by the government but seems to be quite normal in Thailand from what I am seeing.

In fact a lot don't have only one tank and overflow running into the street rain water drains.

15 hours ago, Cashboy said:

In a lot of places in Western Europe you have the sludge and settlement tank and then run into the street rain water drains.

It wasn't on the drawing passed by the government but seems to be quite normal in Thailand from what I am seeing.

In fact a lot don't have only one tank and overflow running into the street rain water drains.

Certainly not normal around here. The local planning have set formats for leaching waste water and one of the requirements is that the outlet be a certain distance from other properties.

They have recently started installing underground street drains around here and they may take a different view with those, but you certainly wouldn't find anyone discharging into a surface street drain.