Eight-month-old baby raped in India capital Delhi

webfact

Eight-month-old baby raped in India capital Delhi

An eight-month-old baby girl has been raped allegedly by her cousin in the Indian capital, Delhi.

The girl is reportedly in a critical condition at a local hospital where she was brought in on Sunday.

Police told the media that they had arrested the 28-year-old accused, described as a daily wage worker.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-42869010

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-01-30

kill it, it's not human

just thought about the above and realized that humans are the only species in the world that kill for self-gratification, so I correct my statement: it's human. kill it anyway

Edited by klauskunkel

India is getting fed up with this, so a pre-announced bail would solve the issue of finding acceptance for the family, maybe.
Or, maybe, a good old fashioned honey and milk bath, that is really scary, and should make any criminal think five times before committing a hideous crime.

Nevertheless, imho, the roots are deeper in society and its customs.  It used to be that girls were not preferred since to wed one off a dowry was required.
Now, a shortage of some 22 million Females in 15-64 years olds creates a lot of desperate men.
That is some 6 percent plus the natural relation ship friction makes a very large group, Say 10 - 15 + percent of males, some 40 -60 million men that cannot find a wife because there aren't enough women.

(This is not intended as an excuse, please see first paragraph, just an observation.)

India is getting fed up with this, so a pre-announced bail would solve the issue of finding acceptance for the family, maybe.
Or, maybe, a good old fashioned honey and milk bath, that is really scary, and should make any criminal think five times before committing a hideous crime.

Nevertheless, imho, the roots are deeper in society and its customs.

It used to be that girls were not preferred since to wed one off a dowry was required.
Now, a shortage of some 22 million Females in 15-64 years olds creates a lot of desperate men.
That is some 6 percent plus the natural relation ship friction makes a very large group,
Say 10 - 15 + percent of males, some 40 -60 million men that cannot find a wife because there aren't enough women.

(This is not intended as an excuse, please see first paragraph, just an observation.)

With they way they treat femakes, I'm sure nobody wants to raise daughters. I'm surprised the mum left a 8 yr old to a cousin. I would not let anyone touch mine without parent's supervision.

55 minutes ago, KKr said:

It used to be that girls were not preferred since to wed one off a dowry was required.
That is some 6 percent plus the natural relation ship friction makes a very large group,
Say 10 - 15 + percent of males, some 40 -60 million men that cannot find a wife because there aren't enough women.

That's quite a brave post and I understand the reasoning.  However when it comes to raping a baby there can't ever be justification of any sort.  This is not about sexual frustration or lust.  In just about every village in India there is someone who single men can go to get their rocks off.  Every town will have their brothels and every city will have whole areas of prostitution.

7 hours ago, KKr said:

If there are not enough females maybe you should stop murdering them at birth ???

20 hours ago, shady86 said:
20 hours ago, KKr said:

With they way they treat femakes, I'm sure nobody wants to raise daughters. I'm surprised the mum left a 8 yr old to a cousin. I would not let anyone touch mine without parent's supervision.

Read the OP again. It was not an 8 Year old child it was a baby 8 months old.

20 hours ago, shady86 said:
20 hours ago, KKr said:

Shady86 she was not 8 year old she was 8 MONTHS old

15 hours ago, dunroaming said:

That's quite a brave post and I understand the reasoning.  However when it comes to raping a baby there can't ever be justification of any sort.  This is not about sexual frustration or lust.  In just about every village in India there is someone who single men can go to get their rocks off.  Every town will have their brothels and every city will have whole areas of prostitution.

Also, in a 1 billion plus population, an average percentage of mentally deranged persons adds up to a large number, This is even more disturbing since quite a considerable proportion seems not to receive appropriate psychiatrical attention.
(as for the act perpetrated by the criminal, please note my suggested treatment. Absolutely agree that this is unacceptable, whatever the circumstances.)