One Day Series

but they are very good at walking off :D:bah::bah::o;):o:D:D:D
Just like the australian National Soccer Team losing 3..1 against an injury weakened Denmark team this morning, as soon as they have to play against a halfway decent european soccer team , they get flogged and of course when they lose the range of excuses is laughable, In the aftermatch interview 2 of the excuses were , the Aussie team had difficulties with the pitch and were not properly acclimatised, that their defence played like crap had nothing to do with it : But then thats Australian sport for you, When they win, they crucify the teams they beat, but when they lose It is everybodies fault but their own!! :D Nignoy

Just about sums up the mentality of the 10 quid pom.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like the australian National Soccer Team losing 3..1 against an injury weakened Denmark team this morning, as soon as they have to play against a halfway decent european soccer team , they get flogged and of course when they lose the range of excuses is laughable, In the aftermatch interview 2 of the excuses were , the Aussie team had difficulties with the pitch and were not properly acclimatised, that their defence played like crap had nothing to do with it : But then thats Australian sport for you, When they win, they crucify the teams they beat, but when they lose It is everybodies fault but their own!! :D Nignoy

sums up nignoy anyway

oh dear..............................they got Freddie miffed now. A spot of rain appeared, and the remaining Aussie batsmen made it the 100 yds to the dressing room in 8.5 secs. On the other hand the groundsmen going in the opposite direction took 20 minutes to get to the middle with the covers. We need to bowl 4 more overs to make it a match, and the Aussies are trying every trick in the book to make sure we don't. If we do bowl them, Australia still need about 10 runs an over.

OK play will start in 10 minutes with the revised total Oz need 133 in 16.4 overs. That's over 8 an over. Time to start looking up excuses lads. Don't worry though, we've already used the one " We were terrible"

Edited by lampard10

oh dear..............................they got Freddie miffed now. A spot of rain appeared, and the remaining Aussie batsmen made it the 100 yds to the dressing room in 8.5 secs. On the other hand the groundsmen going in the opposite direction took 20 minutes to get to the middle with the covers. We need to bowl 4 more overs to make it a match, and the Aussies are trying every trick in the book to make sure we don't. If we do bowl them, Australia still need about 10 runs an over.

OK play will start in 10 minutes with the revised total Oz need 133 in 16.4 overs. That's over 8 an over. Time to start looking up excuses lads. Don't worry though, we've already used the one " We were terrible"

No excuses Lamps, If the limeys win its because they were the best team on the day .

Congrats to the Poms. :o

What's going on? I went to Thailand for a couple of weeks, saw no cricket, and then when I came

back, the English had suddenly learned how to play!

Tonight they were taking brilliant catches, performing run outs, and good intelligent batting.

Worse still the Oz side are playing like poms!!

My whole world has turned upside down! :D

All of a sudden, I'm glad I didn't book that West Indies trip for the WC. :D

sums up nignoy anyway

Just cant stand Bad sportsman and Hypocrites, and they seem to breed them here in Oz, Nignoy

sums up nignoy anyway

Just cant stand Bad sportsman and Hypocrites, and they seem to breed them here in Oz, Nignoy

And that statement nicely sums up your sporting mentality, a bad loser and a worse winner

well done England, perfect warm up for the world cup, while the convicts will now have to go back to the drawing board after being soundly beaten three times on the trot by a second string England side.

LMFAO

The 'convicts' were pommy criminals

That's the only shot the soapies have got at us Doc.

and thats over 200 years ago, talk about get over it, gits :o

well that's it we play the northern whiners, was a situation I preferred actually.

bring it on soapdodgers, you aint on the next plane home now. :D

What is it they say about pride coming before a fall?

You never know what could happen with a couple of dodgy Duckworth/Lewis scenarios :o

Well broncers - I did warn you in post #35 :D:D

Strewth, jezchesters...it must have been the tears of joy that got in the way...and the fact that the pacific yanks have not been beaten by 10 wickets or four in a row for a while. :o

And as for injuries bloncs,we havent had our full strike team available for a long time.I thought you blokes had depth..........

not making excuses, but the reality is, skipper, vice skipper, fast bowler and all rounder gone.

we can re-group

And England had skipper (Vaughn) best 2 ODI batsmen (Tresco and Pieterson) and best 2 ODI bowlers missing (Jones and Anderson) - and we still beat you!

Sorry broncers - if you're going to dish it out, you've got to take it :o

All these arguments are fun to read, but they're a bit trite.

I'm English. Born and bred and (sometimes) proud, but it's obvious to me that Australia is by far the most talented side in world cricket. Arrogant too, and single-mindedly determined to win at any cost.

The English lack their spirit and I don't know why.

At the moment, we got a couple of lucky breaks and suddenly the momentum swung our way again.

Will it last to the World Cup? I doubt it. We just don't do well when expectations are high. I can only hope though.