Forum upgrade in progress! ×

One Day Series

All these arguments are fun to read, but they're a bit trite.

I'm English. Born and bred and (sometimes) proud, but it's obvious to me that Australia is by far the most talented side in world cricket. Arrogant too, and single-mindedly determined to win at any cost.

The English lack their spirit and I don't know why.

At the moment, we got a couple of lucky breaks and suddenly the momentum swung our way again.

Will it last to the World Cup? I doubt it. We just don't do well when expectations are high. I can only hope though.

True, but this is just a bit of banter, and you've got to give it to the Aussies when you can - they do the same to us at every given opportunity and we don't get half the opportunities they do! :o

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm English. Born and bred and (sometimes) proud, but it's obvious to me that Australia is by far the most talented side in world cricket. Arrogant too, and single-mindedly determined to win at any cost.

At the moment, we got a couple of lucky breaks and suddenly the momentum swung our way again.

Will it last to the World Cup? I doubt it. We just don't do well when expectations are high. I can only hope though.

nobody is denying how good the pacific yanks are.Yes these posts are fun to read,isn't that what it's all about??

It was only a few weeks ago that the Aussie coach said something along the lines of "he didn't know if blooding new players against NZ and the pommies was a good idea"..implying that the competition wasn't good enough.

Will the Kiwis win again this series?Who knows.It's not exactly our national sport.

we lost and we have lost momentum, the poms got it right at the right time, the south pacific poms blew it and they were full strength chucker.

lets just see how the hand plays out at the world cup.

Congrats to the New Zulanders. First time Oz have ever failed to take a wicket in a ODI. Pathetic performance despite the players out.

They dont seem to take this cross Tasman tour seriously, using it to rest/try out, players, etc. The holiday mind set seems to linger among the team.

Bond, a top line fast bowler, saves his best for Australia, and regularly shits on our arrogant players. It's probably an even better lesson for the World Cup than losing to the Poms.

we lost and we have lost momentum, the poms got it right at the right time, the south pacific poms blew it and they were full strength chucker.

I think it's down to just two teams

The Whining Poms

and us, The Clever Poms

The Black Poms are past it, Sheep-shagging Poms are not good enough, only one of the African Poms has a chance.

The Hindu Poms and the Muslim Poms might be in with a shout though.

The Bangla-Poms are only begginers, although they did beat the Whining Poms once last year.

Should be a good tounament though

Nobody is saying that you ladies won't do well at the world cup.What is staggering is how you have failed in the last four games.I certainly didn't expect it.

when Hussey was interviewed after the game he said that if he won the toss,he didn't know whether it was best to bat or bowl.Amazing statement really.They either took the game too lightly, or never bothered to find out about the pitch before hand.Dumb or arrogant?You can judge that one bloncs. :o

Australia 148 all out.New Zealand 149/1.Biggest NZ win over the South Pacific Yanks.

Aussie lose 4 in a row.......... :o

Punter and Gilly have a holiday, Clark and Lee out injured and we fold like a tin dunny in a cyclone, good luck on a great win kiwi,s.

didnt see it but hussey is suddenly captain, that says summat, tait is flown over there, things are in a bit of dissaray at the moment

well one thing is for sure.It should make you guys better.You learn much more from defeats (As long as it isn't all the time!!) than by winning all the time.

One thing is though,without McGrath and Lee, the bowling looks thin in ODI's.Without Bond,we are just boys in mens undies. :o

Top Bowling Averages in One Day Internationals

Bowler Runs Given Wickets Taken Bowling Average

Shane Bond (New Zealand) 2141 106 20.20

Glenn McGrath (Australia) 7959 355 22.42

Brett Lee (Australia) 6048 267 22.65

Hussey is a good choice, I suppose, but just saying how the dynamics of the team has changed.

Just a bit! The Kiwis have only gone and done it again!!!

If you can't defend 330 there's something seriously wrong...

:o:D:D

A browny point for anyone that knows when the Whingers last lost 4 on the trot...

All answers must be preceeded by 'Awwww...' :D

Edited by jezchesters

Hot off the press.

Australia were today given their group partners for the coming cricket World Cup. They are with

Syria

Luxembourg

Canada

Upper Volta

North Yemen

Mongolia

Despite their current drop in form they remain third favourites to win their group.

:o:D :D :D :D

Match notes

* Australia innings

* Power Play 2: Overs 10.1 - 15.0

* Australia: 50 runs in 10.6 overs (66 balls), Extras 0

* 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 66 balls (ML Hayden 29, SR Watson 22, Ex 0)

* SR Watson: 50 off 46 balls (7 x 4)

* Australia: 100 runs in 20.4 overs (124 balls), Extras 0

* 1st Wicket: 100 runs in 124 balls (ML Hayden 42, SR Watson 58, Ex 0)

* ML Hayden: 50 off 82 balls (5 x 4)

* Australia: 150 runs in 31.1 overs (187 balls), Extras 0

* 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 45 balls (ML Hayden 30, BJ Haddin 22, Ex 0)

* Drinks: Australia - 178/1 in 34.0 overs (ML Hayden 85, BJ Haddin 25)

* Power Play 3: Overs 35.1 - 40.0

* Australia: 200 runs in 36.3 overs (220 balls), Extras 1

* ML Hayden: 100 off 127 balls (8 x 4, 2 x 6)

* Australia: 250 runs in 41.3 overs (250 balls), Extras 1

* ML Hayden: 150 off 153 balls (9 x 4, 8 x 6)

* Australia: 300 runs in 46.3 overs (281 balls), Extras 3

* Lunch: Australia - 346/5 in 50.0 overs (ML Hayden 181, AC Voges 16)

* New Zealand innings

* Power Play 2: Overs 10.1 - 15.0

* New Zealand: 50 runs in 11.1 overs (72 balls), Extras 9

* Drinks: New Zealand - 87/4 in 15.0 overs (PG Fulton 22, CD McMillan 19)

* Power Play 3: Overs 15.1 - 20.0

* 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 40 balls (PG Fulton 26, CD McMillan 19, Ex 7)

* New Zealand: 100 runs in 15.4 overs (101 balls), Extras 15

* PG Fulton: 50 off 38 balls (6 x 4, 3 x 6)

* New Zealand: 150 runs in 20.5 overs (133 balls), Extras 16

* CD McMillan: 50 off 39 balls (9 x 4, 2 x 6)

* 6th Wicket: 50 runs in 39 balls (CD McMillan 34, BB McCullum 15, Ex 1)

* New Zealand: 200 runs in 28.3 overs (179 balls), Extras 16

* 6th Wicket: 100 runs in 82 balls (CD McMillan 75, BB McCullum 26, Ex 1)

* CD McMillan: 100 off 67 balls (12 x 4, 5 x 6)

* Drinks: New Zealand - 241/5 in 33.0 overs (CD McMillan 103, BB McCullum 35)

* New Zealand: 250 runs in 34.2 overs (216 balls), Extras 26

* 6th Wicket: 150 runs in 138 balls (CD McMillan 97, BB McCullum 42, Ex 11)

* BB McCullum: 50 off 66 balls (3 x 4)

* New Zealand: 300 runs in 44.2 overs (277 balls), Extras 27

* New Zealand: 350 runs in 49.3 overs (308 balls), Extras 27

3-0

Aussie lose 5 in a row.

Chuchok,

you are my connection to me Kiwi roots, but come on, stop winding me up.

Can you please post the real results? No one is going to believe the convicts lost 3 nil. Come on, that is what a mate would do. :o:D

Hard to believe I know.Anybody would have thought it was a Rugby Series win and not cricket....... :D

It's all gone quiet in the Aussie corner! :o
Here is where I usually have a dig :D but what a nailbiting exciting finish to the series, could have gone either way, I,m not a lover of cricket ,but really enjoyed watching the last 2 hours with the grandkids, good On Ya both Teams :D Nignoy

Can't see what all the fuss is about realy. A Pyjama Cricket warm up series before the Pyjama Cricket World Cup to give some of the fringe players a go.

Realisticly any one team of about eight could win the World Cup. It's just entertainment. Playing strokes at every ball and risk taking.

Here is where I usually have a dig :D but what a nailbiting exciting finish to the series, could have gone either way, I,m not a lover of cricket ,but really enjoyed watching the last 2 hours with the grandkids, good On Ya both Teams :D Nignoy

The sheep-shaggers have perfected the art of coming from behind.

mate

win some games in the rugby or cricket, then you can make some infantile jokes that we've heard like 100 times. Prior to that, you are just a lahooooser. You might as well be a Pom.

mate

win some games in the rugby or cricket, then you can make some infantile jokes that we've heard like 100 times. Prior to that, you are just a lahooooser. You might as well be a Pom.

ozzydoms ok,he is from Tassie though..... :D

mate

Ay. Don't get too cheaky. Which country has started as red hot favourates for the last 4 Rugby World Cups and choked ?

Edited by COBBER

mate

My Kiwi mates at home reckon that being from 40degrees South entitles me to some latitude in the poo stirring stakes. Besides which I barrack for the All Blacks.

mate

My Kiwi mates at home reckon that being from 40degrees South entitles me to some latitude in the poo stirring stakes. Besides which I barrack for the All Blacks.

Tasmanians are two headed sheep shaggers anyway :D