Recommended plug and socket for near 15A

JohnMc45

Probably the best reasonably readily available would be the Schuko type European plug, plugs and the matching outlets can be found in the big box outlets or your local electrical emporium. Rated at 16A.

These:-

F8245585-01.jpg

Or you could use the blue 16A "Commando" plug and outlet, possibly a bit "industrial" but very robust. Available in 32A too.

original_595.jpg

EDIT. If you don't need portable there's nothing to stop you hard wiring your gear into a dedicated circuit with a 15A breaker.

2200w heating element, temperature controler, timer and a solenoid valve. So thinking about 12A  

I have melted my fair share of US style plugs on 1000-1500W  space heaters. I  am sure the original design and engineering  say they are good for 15-16A  but once manufactured by the lowest price bidder not so much.

Seen the Schuko 16A plugs at Hardware House today. Every time I go there I see something different.

1 hour ago, JohnMc45 said:

Seen the Schuko 16A plugs at Hardware House today. Every time I go there I see something different.

Hopefully next time you'll see the matching outlets :tongue:

Haco Thailand do them http://www.hacothailand.com/product-list.php?type_id=1&type_name=Switches %26 Sockets

Various codes A8-G132, LK 65431, LK 65421, LK 65421, M4-G20, M3-G10

If you can't find them locally Lazada may be your friend but their search engine sucks (or it does when I try it).

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

Hopefully next time you'll see the matching outlets :tongue:

Haco Thailand do them http://www.hacothailand.com/product-list.php?type_id=1&type_name=Switches %26 Sockets

Various codes A8-G132, LK 65431, LK 65421, LK 65421, M4-G20, M3-G10

If you can't find them locally Lazada may be your friend but their search engine sucks (or it does when I try it).

They did have the sockets/outlets to.

Yes the Lazada search can be very hit or miss.