Student crowned Mr. Gay World Thailand

snoop1130

Student crowned Mr. Gay World Thailand

By Coconuts Bangkok

gjhghyj.JPG

Photo: @sirenx/ Instagram

University Student Pakkarapong “Toy” Khuaikhoen, won Mr. Gay World Thailand on Saturday, a contest for gay Thai men that considers more than just beauty.

The 26-year-old won for speaking out against cyberbullying, which he said occurs regularly in the gay online community in Thailand. Toy is committed to rolling out campaigns to encourage online respect.

“I want the LGBT community to be accepted, and it has to start from the inside. We must stop bullying each other. This is why I decided to compete. I want to be a spokesman for gender equality,” Toy told Dodeden.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/lifestyle/student-crowned-mr-gay-world-thailand/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2018-1-31

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Obviously the prize wasn't only for beauty. I'm amused by his focus. He seems to be saying the main civil rights issue for gays in Thailand is online gay on gay bullying. Lost in translation? That seems crazy.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually, there was a recent report that Thailand ranks 2nd (I believing) in bullying in a world wide survey.   That seems difficult to believe, but the original study was not cited.  

What I have found so far though is that bullying of gays is pretty common.  

On the positive side, at least he isn't pursuing "World Peace".  

He likes making Thai desserts....I think he looks pretty sweet already.

4 hours ago, billmichael said:

I am happy for him and would certainly offer my congratulations.  If you want change for the better you gotta start somewhere...

Yes, of course. But I'm still wondering if this article was mistranslated. I find it really, really incredible that his ONLY focus would be gay on gay bullying when common sense would reveal that is a minor problem compared to bullying in the general greater society towards gays. Is this a Thai thing of being "polite" taken to what may seem an absurd level (see the satire video above)? Society -- we're not going to even mention the bullying problem from the greater society (that would be confrontational, oh no, we don't do that in Thailand) and instead focus the bullying issue only targeted between ourselves. I still think there is a fair chance this was poorly translated. But probably not.

HEY!!! I m offended by this topless man, they threatened my darling Lam Yai for too many twerks and he is posing in public topless  -  where is the Justice in this country???   Being back the dozen or so Lam Yai twerks!!!:shock1::shock1::shock1:

47 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

HEY!!! I m offended by this topless man, they threatened my darling Lam Yai for too many twerks and he is posing in public topless  -  where is the Justice in this country???   Being back the dozen or so Lam Yai twerks!!!:shock1::shock1::shock1:

Translation please. 

On 2/1/2018 at 7:39 AM, 1sickpuppy said:

He only entered so he could win the chocolate doughnut

I wouldn't be surprised if the prizes were indeed doughnuts. Mr. Toy  received 118 online votes to qualify as one of the 15 finalists. Something is very strange as Mr. Aek had 1,246 votes at the same point and Mr. Champ 1,723 votes.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:23 AM, Jingthing said:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind "bullying" those ...

How embarrassing.  It is 2018 and we should  no longer make  the type of sexist comments that reduce people to  sex objects.  Comments like yours are precisely what the chap is trying to counter. That is why he is speaking out about online comments.  It is not his fault he has a physical condition that causes his physical feature. Typically, such a pronounced continuous  feature is a manifestation of a hormone imbalance. His pudginess and lack of muscle tone certainly suggests that. 

On 2/1/2018 at 3:35 AM, sanemax said:

Are they his real breasts ?

He is  overweight. If you notice, the abdomen its a bit padded. He lacks muscle tone. The added weight may be due to to an underlying physical ailment. I admire the kid for having the courage to go on up there and to be at ease with his body image.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 1:06 AM, geriatrickid said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the prizes were indeed doughnuts. Mr. Toy  received 118 online votes to qualify as one of the 15 finalists. Something is very strange as Mr. Aek had 1,246 votes at the same point and Mr. Champ 1,723 votes.

How embarrassing.  It is 2018 and we should  no longer make  the type of sexist comments that reduce people to  sex objects.  Comments like yours are precisely what the chap is trying to counter. That is why he is speaking out about online comments.  It is not his fault he has a physical condition that causes his physical feature. Typically, such a pronounced continuous  feature is a manifestation of a hormone imbalance. His pudginess and lack of muscle tone certainly suggests that. 

He is  overweight. If you notice, the abdomen its a bit padded. He lacks muscle tone. The added weight may be due to to an underlying physical ailment. I admire the kid for having the courage to go on up there and to be at ease with his body image.

I admire his lovely and perfect bod (in my view).

Archived