Schengen (France) Visa For Thai GF

My GF wants to visit France with me (I am not French nor am I resident/citizen of any EU country).  She's going to go through the TLS route.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions?  Anyone know how likely it is to get a visa?

(It genuinely is just to visit for a month).

Thank you.

TLS, like VFS is entirely optional. By choosing to use their services you will have to pay a service fee into of the visa fee. The service fee can be no more than 30 euros (half the visa fee of 60 euros).  Many embassies try to push people to an external service provider like VFS, TLS or BLS but applying directly at the embassy with an appointment  (which must be granted with 2 weeks of your request) is entirely within your rights.

You may find the Schengen sticky useful:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724180-schengen-visa-faq-when-applying-from-thailand/

If you can supply all documents and a good explanation on reasons if returning back to TH (include a 1 page letter in which you explain the reason of travel and reasons of return etc) you should be fine.

95-99% of Schengen visas are granted. Statistics available at the bottom of EU Home Affairs vida policy page:

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/visa-policy_en

Edited by Donutz
  • Like 2

Thank you.  I think I'll try to go through TLS.  Every time I tried to contact the French Embassy they always insisted to go through TLS, or simply refused to answer my e-mails.

I notice one of the requirements is an Attestation d'Accueil.  Am I reading it correct that I have to go back to France myself, find my Mayor, and convince him to give me one (99% sure he won't just because he's lazy and doesn't like me... small town...)?

• Confused 1

Just turn up at the Embassy with the law printed out that Donutz posted which states they HAVE to accept all applications. It seems the Embassy staff, once you argue your way in are more knowledgeable about what they need from you and go through the paper work maybe asking for additions. Why pay the agency fee when you don't have to?

The Danish Embassy were quite difficult to get a sensible answer from last year when I requested an appointment. It was only when I threatened to email Solvit to complain that they gave me an appointment. When we went to the appointment they gave my wife her visa while we waited. I was impressed! 

10 hours ago, JayBird said:

I notice one of the requirements is an Attestation d'Accueil.  Am I reading it correct that I have to go back to France myself, find my Mayor, and convince him to give me one (99% sure he won't just because he's lazy and doesn't like me... small town...)?

Do you and your girlfriend plan to stay with family and friends during your trip? If so they should obtain this document for you from their local mairie:

https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/page.php?pid=attestation_accueil