Pro-democracy activists plan silent protest at Siam Paragon

webfact

Pro-democracy activists plan silent protest at Siam Paragon

By Kas Chanwanpen 
The Nation

a53c4783641d9c36b8dd5517b332728d.jpeg

Activists planned a silent protest on Thursday after the junta brought a mass lawsuit against pro-democracy demonstrators demanding an election.

Activist Nutta Mahattana announced on Facebook on Wednesday that she would sing the national anthem at 6pm at Siam Paragon’s Parc Paragon and stand in silence to condemn the junta’s strategic lawsuits against public participation, which are known as SLAPP actions, and demand the regime stop pressing charges against demonstrators.

Viewing the lawsuit as a strategy to silence dissenters, Nutta described the current atmosphere as “silence, peace, suppressed”.

Pro-democracy activist leaders have been charged with sedition and violation of the ban on political assembly.

The charges followed a demonstration on Saturday calling for the coup-installed government to step down and hold an election after the regime passed a bill that could postpone the poll by three months.

Other participants in Saturday’s activity could also be charged, but for more minor offences.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30337684

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-01

Having just boned up on what happened back in 1976 and also saw some pretty horrific pictures I wish this lot all the best, it seems to me that recently the people, after close to 4 years of oppression, are finally seeing this mob for what they really are and are not happy, they were supposed (promised) to get an election last year, that was postponed until November this year, now the junta appear to be reneging on that promise.

Slowly slowly catchee monkey is my motto to the protesters, if the junta refuse an election this year they are gonna be on very thin ice and the peasants will start to revolt, and that could get very ugly indeed. 

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Having just boned up on what happened back in 1976 and also saw some pretty horrific pictures I wish this lot all the best, it seems to me that recently the people, after close to 4 years of oppression, are finally seeing this mob for what they really are and are not happy, they were supposed (promised) to get an election last year, that was postponed until November this year, now the junta appear to be reneging on that promise.

Slowly slowly catchee monkey is my motto to the protesters, if the junta refuse an election this year they are gonna be on very thin ice and the peasants will start to revolt, and that could get very ugly indeed. 

The Junta is holding all the cards, and is playing them as planned.