Passion and emotional

1FinickyOne

Passionate in a way that is not sexual, but maybe someone who loves their job....

Emotional in the way that someone who might be easily reduced to tears from a movie. Often in a good way, tears of joy. 

I have seen the thai word alom used to define both but alom does not really work correctly for what I am trying to express. 

Perhaps the following:

คลั่งไคล้ ก. หลงใหลในบุคคลหรือสิ่งใดสิ่งหนึ่ง, หมกมุ่นอยู่กับงานหรือสิ่งใดสิ่งหนึ่ง, (to be passionate about, crazed with, mad about,) Note, can be applied to both persons or things.
Sample sentence: "
ในสังคมวัยรุ่นปัจจุบันคลั่งไคล้แฟชั่นจากเมืองนอกกันมาก ทั้งการแต่งตัว และทรงผม" (In today's teen social circles, kids become fascinated with foreign fashions and hair styles.)

หลงใหลได้ปลื้ม    ก. ตื่นเต้นยินดีเมื่อตนเองหรือผู้อื่นได้ดิบได้ดีเป็นต้น Sample sentence "อย่ามัวหลงใหลได้ปลื้มกับรางวัลจนลืมหน้าที่การงานของตน." ("Don't become so impassioned and wrapped up in the prize that you become complacent about your work and responsibilities.") 

For these words and more in the same category, see "คลังคำ" by ดร. นววรรณ พันธุเมธา, pages 70 and 71.

Edited by DavidHouston

For "emotional", I think of this word  "(อารมณ์)อ่อนไหว,เปราะบาง" . These words Thais usually translate back to "being sensitive" or even use  this english word  ("sensitive") instead for spoken language.

For "passionate" I don't think we thai people have any word in equal without long description. Or probably (มี)"ใจรัก"(สิ่งหนึ่งสิ่งใด,การกระทำสิ่งใดๆ) could be the closest that I guess.