Merchants Accepting Cryptos in Thailand

JPDiaz85

Hi guys,

I need help making a list of locations of merchants/businesses accepting cryptocurrencies as a form of payment anywhere in Thailand. I will add these locations to a cryptofriendly app (both for iOS and android) that will be used to easily find these locations for those of us that would like to pay with crypto!

If you know any locations please let me know the name of the store/business as listed on google maps (the app will only allow the adding of locations listed on google maps) and Province/District/Subdistrict (to make my search easier) if possible. Thanks guys!

Nice. It possibly will be difficult to implement / keep up to date, but with a bit of work and dedication it might just work.

I am, slowly, in the process of accepting bitcoins for my business. I am guessing I'll be ready around March. I will update here once its completed.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

This will be useful to know. 

just out of interest, is it legal for businesses to accept cryptos. I thought I read last yr that its not

Like in most countries, bitcoin is not a legal tender. However you are free to accept bitcoin in exchange for services and/or goods. I can accept microwaves in exchange for bicycles.

Edited by DeeMak9
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

I'd be cautious about investing a lot of time and money in crypto payment systems until it becomes clearer whether they will become generally acceptable. At the moment the evidence is mixed at best.

yawn. I can tell you know nothing about crypto currencies....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

yawn. I can tell you know nothing about crypto currencies....

I will sell you a four burner toaster today . How much in bitcoin will you pay? 

I will sell you the same toaster,  same bitcoin, deferred settlement,  in six months time.  You get the same toaster... I get the same bitcoin..... Deal?? 

Edited by tryasimight

On 04/02/2018 at 12:05 PM, NiwPix said:

Nice. It possibly will be difficult to implement / keep up to date, but with a bit of work and dedication it might just work.

I am, slowly, in the process of accepting bitcoins for my business. I am guessing I'll be ready around March. I will update here once its completed.

Then you must have a pretty wild business model to accept widely variable outputs to presumably fairly constant inputs.  Good luck to you.!!

7 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Then you must have a pretty wild business model to accept widely variable outputs to presumably fairly constant inputs.  Good luck to you.!!

Or I just have a good sense what the future holds for us just by reviewing the past 15 years. However, I still am fairly young and could be wrong, BUT I could be spot on and one day tell my grandchildren the story of when and how cyrpto started and how a hunch shaped where we are at now.

Only time will tell :)

I would assume there was similar confusion / distrust / questions / risk / uncertainty when the first paper bills were printed and people were supposed to accept this piece of paper that had a value printed on them

18 hours ago, NiwPix said:

Or I just have a good sense what the future holds for us just by reviewing the past 15 years. However, I still am fairly young and could be wrong, BUT I could be spot on and one day tell my grandchildren the story of when and how cyrpto started and how a hunch shaped where we are at now.

Only time will tell :)

I would assume there was similar confusion / distrust / questions / risk / uncertainty when the first paper bills were printed and people were supposed to accept this piece of paper that had a value printed on them

There will always be naysayers. In the past there were fears that other people could also listen in on the telephone conversations, or that the sounds from telephones could make you deaf or crazy. ... Even telegraph companies encouraged false rumors that the telephone had bad effects because they were afraid of the competition. Those were the 1800 people. In 1995 people predicted the internet would catastrophically collapse in 1996. The dinosaurs didn't see the need of it, it was slammed and ignored. Just recently Neil Armstrong and with him many others openly preached against Elon Musk his space plans. It would'nt succeed. Look at him now...

Nothing much changed. Without new generations we would have a total standstill.

Edited by DeeMak9
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I met a guy in Chiang Mai that had a VISA credit card based on his bitcoin account.  He said he used the card everywhere a VISA card was accepted.  

I do not know how that works.

Yes, there are some around. You deposit cryptocurrency and the debit card makes it spendable. Examples are: Bitpay, TenX, CryptoPay.me, Bitwa.la, Coinsbank, WireX, Shiftcard, Moneypolo or Monaco. There are many more.

Edited by DeeMak9