Video: Nurse thrown in the air 30 meters as "brakes fail" - but somehow she lives

webfact

40 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

Dumbo policeman.... takes so long to go down to the person. Should be stripped of his uniform. Useless idiot

Too busy shaking down the kids -- please get your priorities right...

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

IMHO the video is all that is needed in this instance to determine the speed of the car before the collision. Pretty clear the driver would have run the red light if the scooter had not been there.

The speed cameras I see on the Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai road don't seem to do anything. There used to be four, now there is only two - presumably the others are dead for lack of maintenance.

My response was to another post that was on about the police not catching speeding cars but his post was only about Beach Road.

If the police had decent equipment then they would have a better chance of enforcing the road laws.

Are those cameras red light cameras or non-helmet cameras?

They have been placing speed cameras on gantries in Khon Kaen and they have big signs on them so you can slow down but when you have pasted them then back up to your 200kph and stuff the other road users.

That video shows that there was no way that car was going to stop for that red light and unfortunately that young lady was in the other lane. If you watch that video again make sure you turn the volume up because I am sure that the white cars drivers mirror hit the rear of the silver car, I heard a destinct bang before the car hit the bike and when the white car is stopped the drivers mirror is hanging off

Same old samo, lets not worry about the condition of the girl, lets check the car is OK, and I see the police are really on the job here, "Yeah I think she's dead from where I am standing" what should I do, call an ambulance and attempt to help the victim, no, best keep out of it in case somebody sues me, and besides I haven't finished writing the fine for that motorcycle rider for not wearing a helmet. Life is cheap in Thailand.

6 hours ago, Russell17au said:

We are not in the UK or any other country so the laws of the UK have nothing to do with the Laws here. For a starter she was in the left hand lane not the fast lane, which is all she had to be in, there is NO law that states she must be in the left side of the left lane. Have a good look at the video and if she had been in the left side of the left lane as you wanted her to be, she would be dead. By being where she was saved her life because if you have a look at the video where the car stops is along side 2 poles, now have a look at where the girl is laying, now remember she was in the right hand side of the left lane, now move her to the left of the car and she would have hit one of those poles or the curb.

i dont agree with your physics sorry, what lane she was in really dose not matter but as your slitting hairs i would say she was in the middle of the road, as for we are not in the UK and laws dont matter here im not saying any laws are being obeyed or broken im just saying if common sense had prevailed and she had been nearer the curb instead of the middle of the road the changes are she may not have got hit.  

• Sad 1

Watching this sickening video brings back memories of several years ago when a bicyclist was finishing up a round the world bicycle tour in Thailand and was killed by a Thai driver. It is truly a gamble and a crapshot every time you take to the roads of Thailand. Thailand deservedly so has the title of the world's most dangerous country to drive in and it is unbelievable that nothing is being done to try and combat this nightmare scenario. Anything goes in this country, there is little or no enforcement of reckless driving or speeding and it is pathetic what goes on in this country on a daily basis. I wonder if anything is ever going to be done or is the insanity going to continue ad infinitum,  I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

i dont agree with your physics sorry, what lane she was in really dose not matter but as your slitting hairs i would say she was in the middle of the road, as for we are not in the UK and laws dont matter here im not saying any laws are being obeyed or broken im just saying if common sense had prevailed and she had been nearer the curb instead of the middle of the road the changes are she may not have got hit.  

"now have a look at where the girl is laying,"  She had been smashed into at 100 miles an hour for gods sake. She could have ended up on top  of a 10 story building. 

42 minutes ago, keithpa said:

"now have a look at where the girl is laying,"  She had been smashed into at 100 miles an hour for gods sake. She could have ended up on top  of a 10 story building. 

Where did you come up with 100 MPH?   Please stay within reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithpa said:

It is a pity you did not open your eyes and your brain and read what was said properly. If you had of ready my post properly you would have see that I was talking about where the girl would have ended up if she had been on the left hand side of the lane that she was in, but there has never been any mention of any speed until you incorrectly assumed that the car was going 100mhp. You should really learn to open your mind and read things in their true context.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, ratcatcher said:

Quite correct, that is why we can hear skidding of tyres. She hit the brakes just after hitting the motorbike. 

I heard a lot of squealing before she hit the motorbike, but didn't see a lot of smoke. Locked-up wheels, without antilock brakes can immediately liquify and provide little traction for a fast stop. I've seen it happen once, but there was a lot of smoke generated as the tires liquified. That was not seen here. Too late or too inept to change lanes to the left to avoid the motorbike.

As already mentioned, not the best defensive positioning of the motorbike w/o several cars behind as a blockade. This is also how cyclists who want to compete for motor vehicle asphalt at an intersection get squished between cars and lighter vehicles get pushed out into a busy intersection to get fatally T-boned.

I hope she makes a full recovery. Have a nice day on the Thai roads!

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, keithpa said:

where she lands? whats that go to do with her waiting in the middle of the road had she been nearer the curb side the chances are she may not have got hit and been carrying on with her normal life instead of being laid up in hospital for the foreseeable future and or may even die.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Russell17au said:

It is a pity you did not open your eyes and your brain and read what was said properly. If you had of ready my post properly you would have see that I was talking about where the girl would have ended up if she had been on the left hand side of the lane that she was in, but there has never been any mention of any speed until you incorrectly assumed that the car was going 100mhp. You should really learn to open your mind and read things in their true context.

My 100mph comment was the same as your comment on position her , rediculous. Come in spinner.

4 hours ago, catman20 said:

where she lands? whats that go to do with her waiting in the middle of the road had she been nearer the curb side the chances are she may not have got hit and been carrying on with her normal life instead of being laid up in hospital for the foreseeable future and or may even die.

Dunno , ask Rusell71 au.

On 6.2.2018 at 4:58 AM, Russell17au said:

The best thing for them to do was not to touch her unless they were trained and qualified in first aid otherwise they could do more damage to her and even kill her. Same as in Australia not everybody has first aid training. Do you have your first aid certificate?

Yes I do have.

Doing nothing and let someone die is never a solution, even the help is not perfect or professional.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FarangJon said:

Yes I do have.

Doing nothing and let someone die is never a solution, even the help is not perfect or professional.

Completely agree. 

If you don't know what to do, at least holding the girls hand and speaking to her if concious for comfort wouldn't create any problem what so ever. 

Put yourself in her position, would you be happy in being ignored in the same situation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's good to hear. Would have been even better if she'd fastened it

It was fastened, it was her handbag you see flying thru the air after hitting the windscreen of the car, the helmet disintegrated after hitting the asphalt which is what they are designed to do to absorb the energy and lessen the impact forces on the brain.

5a79b5e47b12b_ScreenShot2018-02-07at1_00_40AM_png_0ff2531796b28ebeddbad3435db10a0b.png

Edited by dinooz57

It was fastened, it was her handbag you see flying thru the air after hitting the windscreen of the car, the helmet disintegrated after hitting the asphalt which is what they are designed to do to absorb the energy and lessen the impact forces on the brain.
5a79b5e47b12b_ScreenShot2018-02-07at1_00_40AM_png_0ff2531796b28ebeddbad3435db10a0b.png.e0847661ffa2d9e54ccf8f544f422767.png
Good spot. I watched that a few times and it looked like her helmet. I'll retract my fastened comment, although i see many people everyday who don't fasten, so fasten kids it saved her life

On 2/5/2018 at 3:19 PM, trainman34014 said:

Isn't it just sickening that the woman driver does absolutely nothing to help the victim of her dangerous driving ?    Doesn't go anywhere near her and all the men are like..Ooh, aah, it's a woman and i'm not allowed to touch a woman as her family may expect me to marry her !

Problems with brains, respect for other Human Lives and common decency in this country are monumental and i fear things will never get any better in my lifetime, they are a massive bunch of no hopers.

2 years ago there was a movie on youtube about an accident in china, i kid got run over twice by 2 cars and nobody did a thing..finally a lady run to it and grabbed it iirc...That movie went viral and the chinese government took action on it and told the chinese to act and learn to be responsible.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2018 at 5:49 AM, catman20 said:

The curb side lane (1) was an inappropriate check point mostly taken up by cop/s and punters, lane 2 was where she stopped, leaving lane 3 open for motor vehicles, where you can see the first vehicle slowing and stopping at a regular, safe speed. The Nit Wit in the second car, certainly travelling at high speed (not sure about 100mph) didnt even see the red light, let alone anything else until it was too late, Nit Wit upon realising braked and swerved to avoid a high speed rear ender with the car stopped. If this lovely young nurse was even a metre closer to the curb she would have still been hit. 

An update on the 'no duty of care' cop is, he has been suspended without pay and is awaiting a disciplinary hearing. Probably a slap and a transfer.

1 hour ago, GBW said:

The curb side lane (1) was an inappropriate check point mostly taken up by cop/s and punters, lane 2 was where she stopped, leaving lane 3 open for motor vehicles, where you can see the first vehicle slowing and stopping at a regular, safe speed. The Nit Wit in the second car, certainly travelling at high speed (not sure about 100mph) didnt even see the red light, let alone anything else until it was too late, Nit Wit upon realising braked and swerved to avoid a high speed rear ender with the car stopped. If this lovely young nurse was even a metre closer to the curb she would have still been hit. 

An update on the 'no duty of care' cop is, he has been suspended without pay and is awaiting a disciplinary hearing. Probably a slap and a transfer.

i agree inappropriate check point as always, ive just looked at the video again and i disagree with you on the point of where she was stopped she could of been another meter plus nearer the curb side and theirs a good chance she may not have got hit, anyway at the end of the day she did get hit and i hope she recovers quickly.