Video: Nurse thrown in the air 30 meters as "brakes fail" - but somehow she lives

webfact

6 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i agree inappropriate check point as always, ive just looked at the video again and i disagree with you on the point of where she was stopped she could of been another meter plus nearer the curb side and theirs a good chance she may not have got hit, anyway at the end of the day she did get hit and i hope she recovers quickly.

I guess 'the wrong place at the wrong time'. The Nit Wit behind the wheel could have ended up anywhere, she avoided rear ending the stationary vehicle through self preservation.  Could have gone further to the left and wiped out all the punters and cop.  Could have? what if? This poor girl was just very unlucky.

Catman, do you have any knowledge of the legalities and positioning of 'check point' placement by the RTP? Seems stupid to set up where motorcycles could go curb side at traffic lights.

Also, sorry to bore you, but there have been much conjecture about her helmet. I see in frames from the 55 second mark to the 105 second mark of the footage, it looks to me that the helmet is still on,  being pushed forward from the impact. Her hoodie seems to uniformed around something larger than her head, clearly her handbag laying next to her,  she is laying face down but her head seems to be raised from the road surface??????????

Thanks for your response.

Cheers

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's good to hear. Would have been even better if she'd fastened it

It was fastened and it stayed on ...flying through the air was her handbag ... some stupid comments about ..

On 2/5/2018 at 10:56 PM, dinooz57 said:

Praews condition has improved remarkably and can now remember everything, her life her family etc. Truly a miracle, it is amazing how much the human body can endure, I guess youth and being relaxed at the time of impact all helps, it just wasn't her time to go, maybe because Thailand needs more people like herself, ironically she spends her working life caring for the sick, injured and infirmed but in her time of need was left alone, I understand the ramifications of moving an injured person but just to have another human sit beside you and assure you everything will be ok and help is on its way or even to lay a blanket or jacket on her and at least show some compassion.

27657235_324473794623438_4660751570360577907_n.jpg

Since it seems you are friend/relative of the young nurse.......... Could you look into establishing a "GO FUND ME" account for her........... 

I think she is going to have a difficult life after this and possibly never work again......... Thailand nor the responsibile party won't be of much 'real help'........... I would contribute 5,000 baht if I knew how to get the money into a trust fund for her....... Is there anything ThaiVisa could arrange?????

59 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

It was fastened and it stayed on ...flying through the air was her handbag ... some stupid comments about ..

Stupid comments, is that really unusual?

nah! par for  the course 

@ dinooz

thanks for the update, glad she's recovering so quickly.

I would really like to see Germany sending over 200 policemen with equipment to get things going. That would be exactly what Thailand needed. Some experts to train their useless cops, some decent equipment to work with, and some supervision to keep Thaicops from fleecing kids and taking bribes while ignoring road carnage.

Then add a point system including mpu (idiots test... you can have your licence back if you proove to us that you are not actually too dumb or sociophatic to drive). Fines that depend on income (This is gonna cost you two months pay...) to make sure even the Lamorghini-driver feels some pain.

And then you don't have to worry anymore about how to "teach the old drivers". Some will learn in time. Others will collect their points, fail the mpu, and turn into dumb, sociophatic pedestrians. Problem solved.

And about life beeing cheap... This must be part education. As long as people are regarded superior because of their birth or money, while poor commoners don't count for anything even among their peers, this will always be a problem.

But same as misogyny in india is most strongly promoted by older indian women, especially mothers in law, this kind of first class and second class citizens seems to be upheld strongly by the poor and common people. Maybe start to think for a change.

Second part is douchbaggery, or sociopathy. If you can afford a car, your better than the rest. Used to get what you want, and used to nothing but a small fine or a slap on the hand for trying to get it with any means necessary. Run someone over? Pay 500 baht and dont do it again!

Second part is the same all over the world. Can be changed easily by applying the laws to everyone, and by giving a crap.

First part is strange. No idea when this culture will stop. But I guess it might get better with the emergence of a well educated middle class.

Update , Praews condition has improved, she is eating and able to walk. She has had pain from her spleenectomy but that has now subsided and internal bleeding from the op has ceased. One very lucky young lady. Thanks again for everyones kind words and support, a lawyer is now on the case. Cheers Deano.

FB_IMG_1518390895115.jpg

A post containing an overly derogatory comment toward Thailand has been removed as well as the reply:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

4 hours ago, dinooz57 said:

Update , Praews condition has improved, she is eating and able to walk. She has had pain from her spleenectomy but that has now subsided and internal bleeding from the op has ceased. One very lucky young lady. Thanks again for everyones kind words and support, a lawyer is now on the case. Cheers Deano.

FB_IMG_1518390895115.jpg

I never heard any comments about my earlier reply... About starting a "Go Fund Me' account for the girl........... I still believe it would be a worthy cause and I would certainly contribute.........

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

I never heard any comments about my earlier reply... About starting a "Go Fund Me' account for the girl........... I still believe it would be a worthy cause and I would certainly contribute.........

Count me in......    Cheers and thanks for your generous idea.

At least we will all know that it is legitimate 'GFM',  opposed to the recently obvious.

On 07/02/2018 at 11:19 PM, dinooz57 said:

Latest Update: Praew is eating and has been sitting outside, she can take herself to the loo so can walk a little bit. She is talking and shows no sign of any brain damage, all in all one very fortunate young lady. The Doctors and medical staff all agree that the helmet saved her life, yesterday the Govenor of Nongbua discussed using her accident and remarkable escape from death or serious injury as some sort of helmet awareness campaign so maybe something good will come from this traumatic accident. The Udon Hospital have given her the best of care as this was the hospital she spent the past four years training to become a nurse having only graduated in June last year, as a nurse and working for the dept of health she is entitled to free medical care.    Cheers Deano

Shame she has to go through so much pain and torment to become normal just because of somebody else’s ignorance, I’m pleased that she is in fact on the Road to recovery and I sincerely hope she continues to a full recovery

8 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Thanks SawadeeKen it is a very noble and generous idea mate , at the moment we have many hurdles to jump and I wouldn't have a clue how to start something like that up. Priority is Praew getting back to normal and legal proceedings underway. Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, MatteoBassini said:

I can't read through 24 pages right now.

But has a paramedic/doctor/nurse already posted here to clarify that these people not trying to "help" is actually justified because you could cause permanent paralysis by moving their body?

sorry you are too busy to read, let alone watch a video. But seemingly you find time to post ridiculous and uninformed . Do you homework or just dont bother!

tsk...

no need to get uncivilized... while it is rude to say i don't read your comments or watch the video but want to say what I think anyway (btw, about 25 people already stated that you shouldnt move the victim) it is a valid point.

But while you should not move the victim if avoidable*, you should check if she breathes, the heart is beating, and the airway is not obstructed. Because any potential danger you might avoid is insignificant when the heart stopped. Then most important thing of all is to get it running again.

* The way people drive in Thailand it might actually be the saver bet to move people away from the street, if you cannot block it with a large and heavy vehicle

16 hours ago, dinooz57 said:

Thanks SawadeeKen it is a very noble and generous idea mate , at the moment we have many hurdles to jump and I wouldn't have a clue how to start something like that up. Priority is Praew getting back to normal and legal proceedings underway. Thanks again.

I just did a search using "gofundme" and came up with with a site 'gofundme.com.' and it has all the instructions linked to it....... Looks easy......

I found this link also but don't know if I violate any TV rules by posting it:   https://www.google.com/search?q=gofundme&oq=gofundme&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.26411j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8     Moderator-- if it is a violation then can you remove it and leave the rest, please/....................

I can just imagine sitting on my Bike at a red light....... doing everything as I should do....... AND THEN being hit and tossed 30 meters over another 'Humans' negligence....... Let's help this poor girl....... She is blessed, 90% would have died on the spot, but she survived it --- however her life will not be the same as before........ Please let US help her to have a better life with any of  the future disabilities she my well have.........

It can't be difficult and you will be a 'Hero' if you do it or help some of her family do it for HER..........

I will pledge 5,000 baht as a starter........... You can 'Personal Message' me...... I will be back in Thailand in 2 more weeks and I would help to start it with my 'first pledge' but Why wait 2 weeks.......   I have seen her picture in the Hospital bed and feel I want to help her........

On 2/12/2018 at 4:23 AM, dinooz57 said:
On 2/11/2018 at 8:00 PM, sawadeeken said:

Dinooz....... Please look on ThaiVisa.com recently for the post about    Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram  ........

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/ANaWxAoAAANgWoej3gi2eKUO-y8............ There are a number of us out here that would contribute money for her future...........

13 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

Dinooz....... Please look on ThaiVisa.com recently for the post about    Money pours in for Brit and Thai wife and child down on their luck in Buriram  ........

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/ANaWxAoAAANgWoej3gi2eKUO-y8............ There are a number of us out here that would contribute money for her future...........

Thanks Sawadeeken, I have got the wife looking into it. The family are very shy in this regard but I may have talked them around. An update on Praews condition is that after a few minor setbacks she was discharged from hospital yesterday and is now under the care of the family, we are not sure at this stage when she will return to work, as per the norm the woman who hit her was uninsured so can see a lengthy legal battle ahead. Cheers Deano

6 hours ago, dinooz57 said:

Thanks Sawadeeken, I have got the wife looking into it. The family are very shy in this regard but I may have talked them around. An update on Praews condition is that after a few minor setbacks she was discharged from hospital yesterday and is now under the care of the family, we are not sure at this stage when she will return to work, as per the norm the woman who hit her was uninsured so can see a lengthy legal battle ahead. Cheers Deano

Thanks Deano........... I am sure that you will be their 'Hero' if she has some reward for her misfortune........... And you can save this post and I am pledging 5,000 baht to her account if it is started and a few others on TV would like to help also......... I hope I have the pleasure to help her after her ordeal.......... If you just put a bank account on a post here with her name translated (as on bank book or her Thai ID card - has good translation) I will make the deposit I promised. Maybe there are others here on TV just waiting to see that account number and will help too.............. At least please send to my PM (Personal Message) a bank number.......

I am in the USA, my home, (California) for one more week then  Thailand for 7 weeks........ I have a friend in Udon I go to visit sometimes...... sometimes I drive, sometimes fly to Udon and rent a car........ this trip I will likely be in Udon and wish I could meet up with you and become friends........... Talk to your wife more, and push a little, if it helps........... I am so happy she is home with family, and hope for her future problems from this misfortune to be minimal........ But being a young lady now is no indication of her later year which may be impacted by this now..........

Cheers......... Ken

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 7:14 AM, BobbyL said:

I really hope that driver gets a real punishment. 

From this recent article in the Udon Thani Times...

"The case of the 23 year old Bua Lamphu Hospital nurse who was hit by a car while waiting on her motorcycle at the lights at an intersection on February 6th has not yet been resolved. She was going home after working in the hospital. ...

The car was driven by Sri Bun Reuang teacher Wannaphasorn Lakun, 38.

It would appear that the police have only now progressed to charging the uninsured car driver after the formal negotiations have drawn a blank.

It's hard to justify the argument that the extra 150,000 baht sought by the the victims mother would somehow miraculously cover any and all unforeseen medical conditions that could be related to the injuries and splenectomy. But it is an unfortunate and inevitable facet of life in LOS where loss of earnings, injury and death needs to be quantifiable so I guess the 'half million' should do it. Personally, I reckon they should double their claim to a slightly more acceptable 1 million and take the teacher to court.

Then make sure that every family member gets covered by their own personal accident and injury insurance because relying on 'the other guy' to show social responsibility above and beyond the paltry, legally mandated, government por ror bor insurance is on a hiding for nothing.

Archived