Video: Nurse thrown in the air 30 meters as "brakes fail" - but somehow she lives

webfact

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

She was wearing a helmet.

Yes it is amazing as no one even goes anywhere near this poor woman.

The driver was obviously speeding and not paying attention to the road, not slowing down while approaching the intersection until it is too late. 

lets hope this poor woman survives.

And this is why I always hug the far left side of the road while waiting at a intersection and watch my rear view mirror the whole time watching approaching traffic.

Whar a heartless driver, No 1 Thai deaths after watching this and in front of cops. Thailand wins the award for Gold Medal and never will be beaten Congratulations on your road carnage,

To the lady my wishes and thoughts are with you and your family and friends. As for the  woman driving .Go to hell!

I absolutely refuse to drive here. My wife does and she's a very good driver - how that happened I have no idea. She will always pull over if there's anything behind us and she wants to turn right into our driveway, as one time a pickup was waiting to turn right at a junction close to our home and a lorry ploughed into it and sent it into the path of a pickup coming the other way. I can't remember if it was two or three dead. For what!

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I wonder if the cops ever check the brakes,after someone

has had an accident and blamed brake failure, when really

it's obvious that its Brain failure.

regards Worgeordie

brain failure ? i did not know they had any. 

Just now, wavemanwww said:

Are you deaf, Screeching sound after impact Mr Einstein means BRAKES WORKING!

No, but i have tinnitus !, and i did not necessary just mean this accident the

umpteen other accidents,where the driver says "brake failure", do the police 

check the vehicles,or just take the word of the driver. and Mr.Einstein if you

had  read my post properly you would see what i meant.!

regards worgeordie

can we see in slow mow. not for entertainment. but i wonder if that helmet saved her live even though it went off her head. it looks like her head whacked the windshield. that helment might have saved her life. lets hope her head didnt hit the pavement hard

Well at least she was lying face down in the recovery position !  Probably one of the reason that she survived.    And well, maybe things happen differently, in different parts of Thailand, like it is not a homogeneous country,... just socially conformant. 

Things are a lot more ropy, up there in the North East I think, like I reckon that someone would have helped her, hear in central Thailand, regardless of how backward some people seem to think that we are around here.

Also, how good are you at first aid ?  I have done a course, but well I almost failed it !    I would be REALLY frightened that I would do the wrong thing here !  If I had been there also.

4 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Blame the Japanese for their shitty cars, but never a Thai who can't drive. 

¡¡¡ Note !!!

Almost all the "Japanese" cars are manufactured in Thailand by Thai hands.

Thai hands are cheaper than robots...

8 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Her brakes worked well enough after the collision. This is a clear case of negligent driving. Thoughts go out to the nurse - hope she recovers.

...should charge the officer with neglect of duty...god sake, whats the matter with them.

i know its not the bike riders fault at all but why was she not nearer the curb side ? in the uk we are taught slower moving traffic keeps to the left in Thailand all these bikes seem to want to be in the fast lanes all the time, i see them on the Sukumvite daily. being in the middle of the road is asking for trouble with these people behind the wheel. 

2 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

No braking at all, she approached the lights too quickly, changed lanes suddenly to avoid the stationary car, failed to see the motorcyclist in the middle lane as she was obscured by the stationary car. Reckless driving. But nothing will happen, no points system for disqualification, just a small fine and a wai required. 

Everyone talks about the kindness of Thai people, it's certainly not demonstrated here. Just the usual ignorance and selfishness.

You speak about the kindness of Thai [eople, well they are some of the kindest people in the World........Until they get behind the wheel of a vehicle, theN they become DEMONS.

Video: Nurse thrown in the air 30 meters as "brakes fail" - but somehow she lives

3pm.jpg.bfb648c93c0b353ba970e4b4df84ee8a.jpg
Picture: Daily News

CCTV footage from the north east of Thailand showed what happened at an intersection in Nong Bua Lamphu at the weekend.

A nurse was waiting innocently at the lights on her motorcycle when a Nissan comes hurtling down the road, cuts inside and smashes into the back of her at speed.

She is propelled some thirty meters into the intersection.

No one at the scene seems to be paying the victim much attention, perhaps assuming that she is dead. In fact someone looks at the damage to the front of the car first.

But Daily News reported that the victim - Patchanok Poynork, 23, a nurse at the local hospital - survived. After being taken to Nong Bua Lamphu hospital on Saturday she was then transferred to Udon.

The driver of the Nissan, Wannapatsorn Lakun, 38, said she was on her way home from Udon. She applied the brakes but they didn't work - she had no idea why, she claimed to police.

She has been charged with negligent driving causing injury.

Source: Daily News
  tvn_logo.jpg&key=c0462a795211d2ee26e4aec14494dc36e676f591189aadad96b38e269ae09239 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-05  
I watched the video. I heard the screeching brakes! What a liar the driver is! She obviously was in a hurry.. Dodged out of one lane.. Into the other... Wham.. Innocent girl there.. Waiting for red light? I hope that driver is off the road forever. She showed zero remorse at the scene.. Shameless idiot. Makes my blood boil.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i know its not the bike riders fault at all but why was she not nearer the curb side ? in the uk we are taught slower moving traffic keeps to the left in Thailand all these bikes seem to want to be in the fast lanes all the time, i see them on the Sukumvite daily. being in the middle of the road is asking for trouble with these people behind the wheel. 

Quite simply you hit the nail on the head, most countries educate their people in road safety, it is non-existent here, so it would not have entered her head to stay left.

8 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Quite simply you hit the nail on the head, most countries educate their people in road safety, it is non-existent here, so it would not have entered her head to stay left.

well then maybe they should start to teach them this.

Us stupid farangs learn this when we learn to ride and drive. had she been taught this she may not of got hit.

8 minutes ago, catman20 said:

Amazing !    She was going WAY to fast, looking like she wanted try to run the lights ? 

WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION as someone said in a previous post properly playing with her phone.

Yes right on, WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION and also just going WAY TOO FAST.

And also as another fellow said, in this case, her Helmut probably did save her, as well as her landing in the recovery position, face down so that she did not drown in her own blood. 

Thank God for the mercy,  that she lived and well I reckon that if she lived through all that, and then being ignored, she probably would still be alive.  Thanks God for small mercies.

The car's brakes did not fail, they worked very well after the motorcyclist was hit as the video shows. Just a BS excuse to try to avoid responsibility.

Having said that, the motor cyclist did contribute to the accident by being stopped in the fast lane. In the scooter lane on the left, the car driver could not have hit her and could well have been cleaned up by a larger vehicle. Not sure if they were facing a red light.

Not so much a brake failure more of a brain failure. probably stuck in the standby mode, non of which helps the innocent party and I noted how everyone rushed to her aid, appalling view of Thai society.

But, wasn't the Silver car in the Fast Lane??

and... if the dimwit had enough time to veer, then why didn't stupid veer to the Right? to be in the Fast(er) lane

at least the biker, she was Left of the other traffic

1 hour ago, SunsetT said:

Of course the car driver is clearly at fault but why is she sitting on the mbike where she is in the middle of such an open road making herself so vulnerable. If she is going straight on she should be on the left edge of the road near the people gathered there, if she was planning to turn right  at the intersection a little ahead of the junction, which I suspect she was, she should have been or could have been in the grey coloured lane/ hard shoulder on the other side of the stopped car next to the central reservation.

So it is the bike riders fault because she is stopped in the left hand lane? Rubbish! SunsetT

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I wonder if the cops ever check the brakes,after someone

has had an accident and blamed brake failure, when really

it's obvious that its Brain failure.

regards Worgeordie

There is absolutely no reason why the cops should check the brakes. A blind man can see that her brakes worked. Stop thai bashing.

Brakes failing isn't that a 1960 excuse with all the strict servicing checks these days  its a thing of the past now, think just plain speeding and bad driving sums this accident up although police will probably accept 1000 baht as a excusable accident punishment  

I watched the full video which was shared on FB together with my GF.

The cop stopped the people on the motorbikes because some were not wearing a helmet. These are teenagers going on a trip. So that they didn't help is maybe acceptable, because let's face it, when we were teenagers we were probably also too shocked, that's understandable. That the cop didn't do anything is of course totally not understandable.

There is a second video, after some people arrived to help her. The teenagers tell the cop that they have the camera running and filmed everything, in case the police needs this. And then the cop goes on and collects 2000THB tea money from the teenagers because they didn't wear a helmet and what not. He doesn't care that he is being filmed, just asking for the money.

Archived