THAI & DRY Will Thailand be the next country to tire of boozy Brits? Locals overrun by drunk tourists behaving badly in country’s top holiday spots

snoop1130

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, NCC1701A said:

some great photos in this story.

no wonder Thais in tourist areas hate Farangs.

Great photos all right! Enough to put me off going anywhere near the 'tourist resorts' for the rest of my life.

• Like 2

What a load of you know what, coming from a bunch of you know who, that readilly send their daughters and sisters out to go flog you know what....... Boozy Brits ?  I've seen every urine pot from from all over gods creation and some of the worst are not British...... Thais do a good job........  

Why aimed at Brits! Sounds like a racist remark to me...

Many more nationalities venture to Thailand!

I doubt many Brits would careless if they were stopped from visiting Thailand. There are many more places to visit, not just Thailand.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 8:41 AM, Sonhia said:

Why aimed at Brits! Sounds like a racist remark to me...

Many more nationalities venture to Thailand!

I doubt many Brits would careless if they were stopped from visiting Thailand. There are many more places to visit, not just Thailand.

Lots of places to visit. Pakistan, Singapore, Malaysia...the list is endless. But Thailand matters for this group of pissheads as they couldn't get up to the same type of antics elsewhere. Can't see it as racist when the same type of idiot turns their own town centres into no-go areas most weekends,

15 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Yeah course it is.. 

Aye, the Scots definitely do "drunk" the best! I do believe that "Rab C" was first shown in The South of England they had to use subtitles!!!

On 2/17/2018 at 6:48 PM, strewth mick said:

11 pages and counting of Brits defending themselves by saying other nationalities are worse than them.

Of course - did you not read the headline? 

Anyway, you probably weren't on here when almost every day there was some headline or post referring to "Boozy Brits", implying that they were the only "farangs' to cause trouble. Thankfully, possibly due to that fact being highlighted, (Brits now Good Guys?) in a previous post, the balance seems to have been redressed, and other nationalities are now getting their fair share of "infamy"!

Edited by sambum

I have met alot of Brits over the years that I have liked alot, and they were industrious, smart, cultured, and wonderful people. But, when I lived on Samui for a number of years, the Brits were notorious for hanging out in the bars, getting very drunk, and picking fights. I tended to stay clear of them in bars. Alot were just looking for someone to battle with, and crack a beer bottle over their head. No thanks. Not my cup of tea, as they would say back home. 

There is something about Thailand and especially places like Samui, Phuket, and Pattaya, that seems to attract the underbelly of the UK. Hard nosed guys from Dover, Bristol, Liverpool, Blackburn, Accrington, Hull, Castleford, Blackpool, Rochdale, Rotherham, and especially Huddersfield! Real cesspools, that breed tough guys, who love a good fight. And I knew of alot of British fugitives who were hiding out in a relatively lawless place like Samui. Of course the US, Australia, Germany and Russia provide a fair number of goons, which are added to the mix. 

I have a friend from Bristol, who tells me he would regularly get beat up as a kid, due to his large nose. Anything to attract unwanted attention got him into a fight with the local hooligans. Some things never change. 

However all of that is changing, as Thailand is attracting far fewer Westerners than ever in it's past. Maybe that is a good thing? 

On 3/9/2018 at 7:15 PM, wattaman said:

every time I want to buy a beer from 711 they say no, not now... what relaxation are you talking about?

You must have had enough already! I have never had that problem at 711 - Tesco and other "superstores" - yes!

• 3 weeks later...

Ridding the country of loud foul mouthed uncouth brits wiuld be a real shot in the arm for thailand.

Problem is there are so damned many of them.

They have ruined spain and greece.

They are like a plague of drunken locusts.

Pity really.At one time it was a pleasure to have a yarn with fellow brits, but this new wave one avpids.

• Like 1

On Tue Feb 06 2018 at 6:52 AM, smedly said:

Rosie Gizauskas ............really

Hey big Jizauskas doa piece on the very spendy (not) contingent from the orient north and see who is paying the bills in this country 

is it the 15 million a year from China or the 10 million from the west

oh and absolute troll headline from TVF...........................immediately unsubscribed

and no I did not read the paper article after reading the authors name

Who is paying the bills .

The way you write and express yourself shows you are clearly well informed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Expatthailover said:

Ridding the country of loud foul mouthed uncouth brits wiuld be a real shot in the arm for thailand.

Problem is there are so damned many of them.

They have ruined spain and greece.

They are like a plague of drunken locusts.

Pity really.At one time it was a pleasure to have a yarn with fellow brits, but this new wave one avpids.

"avpids"?