Overstay for a child exiting by Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang airport ?

Do someone experience to leave Thailand, with their child on overstay from the major airports in Bangkok ?

Do they will send me to other desk (overstay desk) even no need to charges fine ?  ( me as the parent, I am not in overstay )

Do the IO, was rude when they caught your child was overstayed ? 

Thanks

21 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

I would also make sure all your paper work is in order as they may want you to prove it is your son & maybe wander about mothers approval, since your visa is legit & the child is on over stay

Just a thought

Really, is that weird, the kid is travelling with his EU passport, and will leave Thailand, why should I show them a approval.. 

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not a problem if your child is under the age of 15.

They will have to get a stamp for the overstay at the overstay desk.

I don't think the officer would be rude.

Ok, great, just asking because at Nong Khai exit, the IO overstay desk was so rude, as he said, the next time, you'll pay the FINE! I guess at the airport they're less rude.

31 minutes ago, Danielsiam said:

Ok, great, just asking because at Nong Khai exit, the IO overstay desk was so rude, as he said, the next time, you'll pay the FINE! I guess at the airport they're less rude.

The official at Nong Khai was rude to you (I assume not your kid) because he disagrees with the lenient rules for minors on overstay, and is not professional enough to conceal his prejudice. His threat to fine you next time was empty. He would have no basis for doing so. No one can guarantee that you could not meet an unpleasant official at the airport. However, especially as Suvarnabhumi, it is unlikely.

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

I would also make sure all your paper work is in order as they may want you to prove it is your son & maybe wander about mothers approval, since your visa is legit & the child is on over stay

Just a thought

I dont think that that would be an issue , as the Child arrived in Thailand on a passport .

It only becomes an issue if the Child is leaving Thailand for the first time (without entering)

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The official at Nong Khai was rude to you (I assume not your kid) because he disagrees with the lenient rules for minors on overstay, 

I did also leave Thailand at the Maesai border a few weeks ago on a one day overstay and the I.O. was also quite rude/stern, which they were not previously .

"You overstay , very bad , why you overstay. get to the back of the queue and wait until Ive stamped everyone else"

Ok, as the same time, we will leave also with the newborn baby born in Bangkok, of I've with my Filipina girlfriend, she will be with me also of course.

So, is sure 100 %, that with the empty EU passport (no arrival stamp), & the original Thai birth certificate, they will not tell us, to visit Immigration in Chaweng Wattana, first to clear the "never entry" ? or is better we can eventually go there before to clear the "never entry", or the empty passport + the thai birth certificate, is totally enough? 

Because we gonna buy a ticket for 4 of us, to EU. Don't want to get any loose of that ticket which is already expensive and get block at Immigration of the airport

Edited by Danielsiam

12 minutes ago, Danielsiam said:

Ok, as the same time, we will leave also with the newborn baby born in Bangkok, of I've with my Filipina girlfriend, she will be with me also of course.

So, is sure 100 %, that with the empty EU passport (no arrival stamp), & the original Thai birth certificate, they will not tell us, to visit Immigration in Chaweng Wattana, first to clear the "never entry" ? or is better we can eventually go there before to clear the "never entry", or the empty passport + the thai birth certificate, is totally enough? 

Because we gonna buy a ticket for 4 of us, to EU. Don't want to get any loose of that ticket which is already expensive and get block at Immigration of the airport

This is, as you have noted, rather critical. I suggest you look at other viewpoints, but here is mine.

Immigration should be able to tell from their computers that the baby has never been recorded leaving or entering Thailand. The birth certificate should further satisfy them in that regard. Since your child does not have Thai nationality (neither parent in Thai) they will be less strict about controlling the exit of the child from Thailand than they would a Thai child. Also, when the child is leaving with both parents, immigration generally are satisfied without any further investigation. I think it highly unlikely you would experience any problems, but would allow plenty of time at the airport in case they want to carry out any checks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BEVUP said:

since your visa is legit & the child is on over stay

More of a question of overstaying one's permission to stay rather than the legitimacy of visas. There is nothing to indicate that the child entered Thailand improperly. He probably extended his permission to stay, but not the child's.