van from Hua Hin to pattaya...

properperson

35 minutes ago, Seligne2 said:

Go to the minivan station on Soi 51. Get a van to Ekkamai Station 180 baht. From Ekamai there are buses to Pattaya frequently.

Alternately, take a real bus direct from HH to Pattaya. Daily at 11:00. 389 baht. See http://www.belltravelservice.com/#

you could use yellow bus 393 - http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/roots.html

15 hours ago, Seligne2 said:

I have never seen a Yellow Bus in HH and I looked for their office, purportedly across from BKK Hospital, but found no office. Have you seen/taken this bus?

It used to be next to Venitian by the tunnel. Twice daily that run samui to Rayong and back, HH aprox 11.30am and PM. Unfortunately the direct minibuses are no  more. 

18 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

You should check out the ferry... it only takes 2 hours and much more comfortable than a packed van... :smile:

Faster & much, much safer. One must not put much value on one's life to pick a mini van over the ferry option.It's 1200 baht to take the boat. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Faster & much, much safer. One must not put much value on one's life to pick a mini van over the ferry option.It's 1200 baht to take the boat. 

I wouldn't say safer, that sea gets very rough and the Thais don't have any S&R teams in place

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

I wouldn't say safer, that sea gets very rough and the Thais don't have any S&R teams in place

I have been on the ferry during choppy weather and it runs just fine.

If too rough, it does not sail.

And there most definitely is a robust S&R capability for the route. It's a short route with heavy traffic from commercial freighters and there is a static position of  Thai naval vessels in the gulf.

Also,  they have a drill every year for rapid response.  This is last year's drill.

https://www.royalferrygroup.com/page_bx.php?cid=5&cname=&cno=128&cno2=&show=

As I type there are 4 tankers, and 5 commercial vessels sprinkled on the sea in proximity to the route. 2 Thai naval patrol vessels are near the route.  You can't have better coverage than this. A ship could easily be on scene within 15 - 30 minutes. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seligne2 said:

I have never seen a Yellow Bus in HH and I looked for their office, purportedly across from BKK Hospital, but found no office. Have you seen/taken this bus?

That's because the bus station is not in Hua Hin but Cha Am albeit right on the border.

The bus station is on the left after going north through the airport tunnel adjacent to that Venetia whatchmacallit place.

13 hours ago, xyznot said:

I take vans all the time and so do millions of other people every year.  There are 4,125 public vans operating on 114 routes from Bangkok to the provinces alone.

You are lets say "Braver" man than me

Hua Hin to pattaya there's a perfectly good bus and ferry and people want to risk to kill themselves in a minivan !!

13 hours ago, xyznot said:

I take vans all the time and so do millions of other people every year.  There are 4,125 public vans operating on 114 routes from Bangkok to the provinces alone.

LOL. No one picks a van because they "want" to. It is because they have to. Thailand is a country where the majority of the population are economically have nots.

It's like sangthaews, tuk tuks and taxis.  In Hua Hin, many people will take a  crowded grimy sangthaew because it is 10 baht, while others who don't mind the 150 baht fare will take a tuk tuk to cover the same distance.