Thai police finally get their claws into trouble-making Brit Damon Wait

Jonathan Fairfield

On 2/8/2018 at 11:01 AM, Jimbo in Thailand said:

"Back Patch Clubs"?  That's a misnomer.  International organized-crime motorcycle gangs are what most of these are — and their raison d'être —and recognized as such by many countries' authorities worldwide.  And, what exactly is your point sambum?  The usual suspects always proudly sport their gang's respective 'colors' and "back patches".  Sure, there are a few motorcycle clubs out there whose law-abiding non-thug non-evil non-criminal members simply enjoy the thrill of riding a motorcycle for what it offers, like I have since I was 16 years old.  Sadly, most riders who sport their gang's "back patches" are the antithesis of what motorcycling is really all about.

sambum, if you're not in one of the usual suspects—hoodlum—m/c gangs... good for you.  If so...

I was referring to thaiguzzi's post and livinlos' reply i.e.:-

"I will repeat, one more time, and one more time only, back patch clubs have NOTHING to do with heroin."

"in Europe thats 100% not correct"

I tried Googling "Back Patch Clubs and Heroin" and came up with nothing  to connect heroin with "Back Patch Clubs"

"And, what exactly is your point sambum?" The point is, Jimbo, is that  I am not defending  "International organized-crime motorcycle gangs" - I am  merely confirming that "Back Patch Clubs" (as you say, a misnomer) do not necessarily have any connection with heroin. In other words, just because you wear a "back patch" does not necessarily mean that you are a heroin user, a heroin trafficker, or heroin "cultivator"!

And by the way, I am not a member of any "motorcycle club", legal or illegal, I ride a Honda Click, but I like the song "Born To Be Wild", so does that make me "one of the usual suspects"?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...