Yellow tabien baan, do you have to show visa extention every year to not have it canceled?

Hello,

I finaly got my yellow tabien baan, its have be quite a story for get it (6 months !)

Now the lady who did it for me, tell me i have to repport to her every year showing my last visa extention,  if i fail to do she will cancel the yellow book.
I did a search but i could not find people speaking of that matter, so i like to know from people who already have one if that something who is (can be) usualy asked, or if im a lucky winner of a "special close"?

Thank for anwser, its interesting, do they have a place where i could find a law text about that ?

And in this case i should  add that i have a registred life usufruct on the house, so legaly (or theoretically because its Thaïlande) im the one who decide who can stay or not in the house, should that count for prevent any removal without my agreement?

20 hours ago, French mate said:

Thank for anwser, its interesting, do they have a place where i could find a law text about that ?

And in this case i should  add that i have a registred life usufruct on the house, so legaly (or theoretically because its Thaïlande) im the one who decide who can stay or not in the house, should that count for prevent any removal without my agreement?

There is no jurisprudence on things that simply are complete BS, sorry

I mean if your gardener would ask to check your visa yearly and if not he would revoke, where could we find a law text about that?

The house owner can in my opinion legally add anyone in on his Blue Tabien Baan,  but if you have a legal lease contract than he cant just add another tenant to the contract, he could however legally raise an issue if you add another tenant to the lease... I think this is a difficult question to answer without knowing the existing agreements but I am sure there are people here that have had these kind of experiences....

@Langsuan Man

Ok thank you to add another confirmation that she arent supposed to have the autorithy for do that

@jumbo

From my knowlwedge a usufruct is different than a lease, as i can of my own rent the house or even sell a 30 years lease of the house to other people. I will still need the sign of the owner (my wife) to register a lease, but she have a legal obligation to sign any document required for me to fully use my usufruct right. Its also written in the usufrut agreement we have.
Thought the tabien baan stuff is something that isnt mentioned anywhere, amphur have never show any concern of her adding people (except for me of course)  and i think they dont even know what is an usufruct, i did meet more than one gouvernement official who got no clue of what its was after looking at it on the title deed and them rather than ask an explain they decided to do like its was not here.

The usufruct usually relates to the land deal only.

The actual house where  you live in should have a separate contract unless it is yours, when the house is yours you should be OK

If also rented then the contract when solely in your name gives you all the rights.

I don't see how in either case the owner of land and/or house could add new tenants

But then again....

• Like 1

Ok thank for your explain !
i did not understand they was no mention of the house on the tittle deed, and that is only about the land, so its explain it all.

In my case we bought an new house (land+ the building) that was just finished  and only her name is on the sale contract of the house.

The usufrut contract we have made on top of the registration for the land define the condition of use for the house and the right we both have, its a private contact, so for the governement the house is all her as long i not start a civil complain (with wont happen as long my wife and me agree on what to do).
The usufrut is also noted in our marriage contrat that have been registred (i did it before marry) as well  the loan i have grant her to buy the house (and her obligation to refund it if she ever sell the house).

And for the initial subject, the conclusion is this lady was just telling me crap, not a big surprise at she seemed from the start reluctant to make a tabien baan for me and  was expert in always finding something wrong or missing to make it from the ponctuation in my passport translation to the  witness who "did not know me engough" and of course my visa extention who expire too soon (4 months left) come back when you have a year on it again....

amphurs at both Sri Racha and Surasak require update every year with visa extension. Tried to update late one year and the Tabien Baan HAD been cancelled by Amphur. Had to go through the entire process of interviews and new application. We all know that government offices do just as they please and there is nothing you can do about it. My advice is that if you've been told to update every year then it is safest to do so. My local Amphur require only a copy of passport and latest extension. Quick and simple.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hugh2121 said:

amphurs at both Sri Racha and Surasak require update every year with visa extension. Tried to update late one year and the Tabien Baan HAD been cancelled by Amphur. Had to go through the entire process of interviews and new application. We all know that government offices do just as they please and there is nothing you can do about it. My advice is that if you've been told to update every year then it is safest to do so. My local Amphur require only a copy of passport and latest extension. Quick and simple.

Outch, i happen to live in Sri Racha, i did not go to the main amphurs near robinsson, but a smaller one near my home (nong kor).

How late you was?

On 2/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, Jeffrey346 said:

I have mine for more than 10 years and never had to report to keep it. Sounds like another Thai employee flexing her/his muscles. 

That's pretty much the case.

Lots of disinformation out there.