Pattaya Chicken Shrine

qualtrough

Passed through Pattaya by bus a month or so ago and noticed a very large religious complex, full of colorful domed buildings. But the interesting thing was that one of the gates was crowned by a giant chicken. I would be grateful if someone could tell me what that place is?

P.S. I am assuming that there is only one outfit with a giant chicken in Pattaya, but I could be wrong. If there is more than one, please tell me what those places are.

It belongs to one of the richest guys in Thailand, he owns the chicken market.

If you ask me it is an eyesore, if I had his money I would have built a different style of palace, but it is kind of a tourist attraction.

It belongs to one of the richest guys in Thailand, he owns the chicken market.

If you ask me it is an eyesore, if I had his money I would have built a different style of palace, but it is kind of a tourist attraction.

Do they sell KFC outside?

I imagine they supply KFC.

Ah, the CP Group, that explains it. I just saw it passing by, and at the time it didn't even seem like it was something put up by Buddhists. Maybe it isn't, I don't know. If I had made as much money from chickens as CP has I too would be raising statues to them. I thought is might be some semi-obscure Indian or ME sect. Not naming any names as I don't want to offend anyone. Anyway, thanks for the answer!