EU's Barnier warns Britain post-Brexit transition 'not a given'

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Franko666 said:

I don't agree, my comments are totally credible except to anyone who believes Hilary Clinton is not corrupt. The Health system of the British is broke and it is broke because of over use, there isn't enough money in the $$$$ pie to pay for the extaudinary abuse of the health system. And of course it the health system starved of money, there just isn't enough pounds to go around to pay for all the minority groups whims and a viable health system, it seems health has become less of a priority and so have the British people. Sad but true. 

In 2016 the UK devoted 9.9 percent of its total GDP to health care. In the USA it was 16.5 percent.

While the USA outspent the UK on healthcare (£6,311 and £2,777 per person2 respectively) in 2014, average life expectancy at birth in the USA was 78.8, compared with 81.4 in the UK.

https://visual.ons.gov.uk/how-does-uk-healthcare-spending-compare-internationally/

11 minutes ago, Franko666 said:

I don't agree, my comments are totally credible except to anyone who believes Hilary Clinton is not corrupt. 

But but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but HILLARY!

30 minutes ago, Franko666 said:

I don't agree, my comments are totally credible except to anyone who believes Hilary Clinton is not corrupt. The Health system of the British is broke and it is broke because of over use, there isn't enough money in the $$$$ pie to pay for the extaudinary abuse of the health system. And of course it the health system starved of money, there just isn't enough pounds to go around to pay for all the minority groups whims and a viable health system, it seems health has become less of a priority and so have the British people. Sad but true. 

And by the way, the UK's health care expenditures have actually decreases as a percentage of GDP since 2009.

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/15236/economics/health-care-spending-in-the-uk/

Of course, the expenditures haven't declined as steeply as the Tories have slashed taxes on the wealthy. You might look to a solution for the problem there.

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

Ah, now the real issue you have with the EU comes to light, migration.

Does he say that was the only reason he supports Brexit, NO .

Was it part of the reason he supports Brexit, YES .

It may also be of interest for you to know, that one of the biggest critics on TV, of immigration from Islamic countries, is a very prominent Remoaner.

Therefore according to your logic, the reason he’s a Remoaners is because he opposes Immigration of Muslims.

D38C5FA7-9A67-44BA-9199-FC5A68B9A6F6.jpeg

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Does he say that was the only reason he supports Brexit, NO .

Was it part of the reason he supports Brexit, YES .

It may also be of interest for you to know, that one of the biggest critics on TV, of immigration from Islamic countries, is a very prominent Remoaner.

Therefore according to your logic, the reason he’s a Remoaners is because he opposes Immigration of Muslims.

D38C5FA7-9A67-44BA-9199-FC5A68B9A6F6.jpeg

He was very clear about his reason.

19 hours ago, citybiker said:

Monopoly the wrong term, maybe exploitation?

(Taken in light hearted banter, I’m in a good mood today)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's fair to say that the Euro is good for Germany. It has tended to assist exports and reduced imports hence the strong balance of payments to coin a phrase.

8 hours ago, Franko666 said:

For both Countries and more  the basic problems seem to be uncontrolled migration of people with little interest in integration  but a big interest in making full use of the welfare and social system and the other one with the UK  in particular is the abuse of the Health System by people from Europe and beyond causing great angst amongst the people from the UK . Not forgetting the sexual abuse to locals by first and second generation migrants from Islamic Countries. Don't take my word for it, Google it.

We are drifting a little off topic and we may get shut down by moderators so this conservation is now closed, time to move on.

Sad to say, you are misinformed. Read The Economist not the gutter press if you want a true picture

33 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's fair to say that the Euro is good for Germany. It has tended to assist exports and reduced imports hence the strong balance of payments to coin a phrase.

Yes, the Euro was a terrible idea. A monetary union without a fiscal union makes no sense. But the Eurozone is not the same as the EU. And it doesn't give Germany any special rights in the EU.

7 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes, the Euro was a terrible idea. A monetary union without a fiscal union makes no sense. But the Eurozone is not the same as the EU. And it doesn't give Germany any special rights in the EU.

The Euro was a great IDEA; just not thoroughly thought through! Terrible for those who really could not make the grade. Great discipline for others. And, as discussed, brilliant for Germany

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The Euro was a great IDEA; just not thoroughly thought through! Terrible for those who really could not make the grade. Great discipline for others. And, as discussed, brilliant for Germany

Such alliteration!

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

It's a great idea until a financial recession like the one in 2008 hits. Then it's a straitjacket.

On 10/02/2018 at 7:21 AM, goldenbrwn1 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/916958/Brexit-news-update-latest-UK-EU-Michel-Barnier-BBC-Brexitcast-Katya-Adler

I know it’s the Express and sometimes the news about Brexit has to be taken with a pinch of salt like a few other papers but this is from the BBC European news editor.    

Funny enough I can’t find this anywhere actually being reported by the BBC itself.

On 10/02/2018 at 1:08 PM, nontabury said:

Yes,it’s very strange “ not” that the BBC are not keen on making this known to the general public. Yet for some strange reason seem to give prominence to any scare story, made up by the remoaners

Did neither of you notice the video in which Ms Adler makes her comments at the start of the Express article? It's credited to BBC Radio 5 live!

If you missed that, how about the first line of the second paragraph of the article

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Brexitcast, Ms Adler said.............

In fact, the Express article is merely reporting what Ms Adler said on the BBC!

Hardly 'tucked away' when it's on the dedicated Brexit podcast (click here).

This is trailed regularly on 5 Live and other BBC radio stations; but unless, like me, you are a UK resident and regular BBC radio listener, it is not surprising that you are unaware of it.

Despite a link to the podcast appearing on every Brexit news item on the BBC website that I have seen (example)!

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Hardly 'tucked away' when it's on the dedicated Brexit podcast (click here).

This is trailed regularly on 5 Live and other BBC radio stations; but unless, like me, you are a UK resident and regular BBC radio listener, it is not surprising that you are unaware of it.

Despite a link to the podcast appearing on every Brexit news item on the BBC website that I have seen (example)!

Sorry, you'll have to point out the relevant article on that link you provided. It doesn't exactly stand out, does it?

I look at the beeb's main page several times a day pretty-much every day, and have not seen a headline for this article. Yet every tiny bit of anti-brexit scaremongering always gets prominence at the top of the page.

On 13/02/2018 at 2:59 PM, ilostmypassword said:

And by the way, the UK's health care expenditures have actually decreases as a percentage of GDP since 2009.

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/15236/economics/health-care-spending-in-the-uk/

Of course, the expenditures haven't declined as steeply as the Tories have slashed taxes on the wealthy. You might look to a solution for the problem there.

Because you guys are going broke would be a reason to cut UK health expenditure. Anyway the Tories will screw the arse off the British public because thats what they do best, its called the class system. As I said before, the place is stuffed from top to bottom.

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

And from someone who regularly uses the "but" tactic himself, such as The Brexit Bus.

raised when brexiters complain about the tactics of remainers. But what, if anything does Hillary Clinton have to do with the this thread?  Here once again is his ridiculous post:

"I don't agree, my comments are totally credible except to anyone who believes Hilary Clinton is not corrupt. The Health system of the British is broke and it is broke because of over use, there isn't enough money in the $$$$ pie to pay for the extaudinary abuse of the health system. And of course it the health system starved of money, there just isn't enough pounds to go around to pay for all the minority groups whims and a viable health system, it seems health has become less of a priority and so have the British people. Sad but true. "

Not only that, but virtually everything he wrote about the health system was demonstrated to be false. At least for those of us who live in the fact-based world and not in the Hillary-obsessed one.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

raised when brexiters complain about the tactics of remainers. But what, if anything does Hillary Clinton have to do with the this thread?  Here once again is his ridiculous post:

"I don't agree, my comments are totally credible except to anyone who believes Hilary Clinton is not corrupt. The Health system of the British is broke and it is broke because of over use, there isn't enough money in the $$$$ pie to pay for the extaudinary abuse of the health system. And of course it the health system starved of money, there just isn't enough pounds to go around to pay for all the minority groups whims and a viable health system, it seems health has become less of a priority and so have the British people. Sad but true. "

Not only that, but virtually everything he wrote about the health system was demonstrated to be false. At least for those of us who live in the fact-based world and not in the Hillary-obsessed one.

I would say that he's pointing out that the sort of person who argues against his point is the sort who would support that lying crook HRC. But you're probably better asking him.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, Khun Han said:

Sorry, you'll have to point out the relevant article on that link you provided. It doesn't exactly stand out, does it?

I look at the beeb's main page several times a day pretty-much every day, and have not seen a headline for this article. Yet every tiny bit of anti-brexit scaremongering always gets prominence at the top of the page.

The podcast is not difficult to find.

From the BBC news home page, click on 'Politics' then 'Brexit.' On the right of that page you will see a column of links headed 'Watch/listen.' In that column, usually at the top, 'The podcast all about Brexit.' once there, click on 'see all episodes from Brxitcast' and there you will find the discussion reported in the Express, amongst many others.

As for your final sentence; it seems, as with your inability to find the podcast, you are only seeing what you want to see. The prominence given to Boris' recent speech across all BBC platforms, TV, radio, online, being one example.

Maybe you belong to those who believe that when they broadcast something you agree with they are being balanced, but when they broadcast something with which you disagree it's because they are biased?

The BBC is regularly lambasted  in social media and elsewhere as biased by Remainers and Brexiteers alike; which leads one to the conclusion that, on the whole, they are getting the balance right!

22 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Nice rhetoric but more drama than realism. I guess the bottom line here is whether a person feels disadvantaged by the current health system and  who should pay to make the system more inclusive and effective

20 hours ago, Khun Han said:

I would say that he's pointing out that the sort of person who argues against his point is the sort who would support that lying crook HRC. But you're probably better asking him.

Well observed my dear Watson!!!

3 hours ago, Franko666 said:

Nice rhetoric but more drama than realism. I guess the bottom line here is whether a person feels disadvantaged by the current health system and  who should pay to make the system more inclusive and effective

Well observed my dear Watson!!!

I have no doubt that's what you meant but you ought to keep your irrelevant observations and your obsessions to yourself. Maybe you should return to Mordor for some R&R.

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The podcast is not difficult to find.

From the BBC news home page, click on 'Politics' then 'Brexit.' On the right of that page you will see a column of links headed 'Watch/listen.' In that column, usually at the top, 'The podcast all about Brexit.' once there, click on 'see all episodes from Brxitcast' and there you will find the discussion reported in the Express, amongst many others.

As for your final sentence; it seems, as with your inability to find the podcast, you are only seeing what you want to see. The prominence given to Boris' recent speech across all BBC platforms, TV, radio, online, being one example.

Maybe you belong to those who believe that when they broadcast something you agree with they are being balanced, but when they broadcast something with which you disagree it's because they are biased?

The BBC is regularly lambasted  in social media and elsewhere as biased by Remainers and Brexiteers alike; which leads one to the conclusion that, on the whole, they are getting the balance right!

"From the BBC news home page, click on 'Politics' then 'Brexit.' On the right of that page you will see a column of links headed 'Watch/listen.' In that column, usually at the top, 'The podcast all about Brexit.' once there, click on 'see all episodes from Brxitcast' and there you will find the discussion reported in the Express, amongst many others."

"Hello. I'm looking for directions to the Katya Adler brexit podcast?"

"Certainly. Drive for half-a-mile down that road, once through the traffic lights take the third left, carry on up that road 'till you see a butty shop, take the second right, then do a left right and left and it's the second green door on the right. Couldn't be more straightforward to be honest"

"Hello. I'm looking for directions to the latest anti-brexit opinion piece by Bloomberg?"

"Certainly. It's in two metre high letters on that BBC billboard right in front of you." 

:laugh:

Khun Han, where else would you expect to find a political podcast other than on the politics page; sports, perhaps?

I see that you have completely ignored my remark on the prominence given by the BBC to Boris Johnson's pro Brexit speech earlier this week on all their platforms (as I type, it's still the lead item on their Brexit news page!); and the airtime etc. given by them to other Brexiteers. Even Farage regularly appears on BBC current affairs programmes; the last time being on Question Time on the 19th January.

I asked you "Maybe you belong to those who believe that when they (the BBC) broadcast something you agree with they are being balanced, but when they broadcast something with which you disagree it's because they are biased?"

Obviously, the answer is yes!

Archived