Hundreds gather at Bangkok's Democracy Monument to demand election

rooster59

22 minutes ago, chainarong said:

The big hole in your argument hansnl is that in free elections the people can choose who they want to waste their money , its always best to have a choice. in these matters.

Actually the biggest hole in his argument is that it is nonsense. Show me one country not governed by people.

• Like 2

Media say's that the PM is doing well & has the majority thinking he is the real deal, but is there trouble ahead?? I wonder .... never can tell "what's what" here. Hopefully, all will be well once an election is announced & the "who's who" candidates have declared their intention to run for office ......... democracy rules here, which I hope prevails eventually. Unrest here is not what people want ........... Thai's are peace loving & that is the way it should be .... finger crossed.

29 minutes ago, baboon said:

Actually the biggest hole in his argument is that it is nonsense. Show me one country not governed by people.

I recently seen a movie where the US was ruled by AI. It seemed to be doing an awesome job. He!!, I think hollywood may be on to something. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

From small acorns large Oak trees will grow. I suspect the crowds will get larger and more frequent. The Junta have to recognise their days are numbered and that handing power back to the people is the ONLY option.

Agree  but the activists do not know who is up for election or which parties are standing,   hundreds suggest a PTP  activists  hard core  still having a dig.      How about asking the Thai people who they want in government---THEY WOULD HAVE NO IDEA.

11 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Agree  but the activists do not know who is up for election or which parties are standing,   hundreds suggest a PTP  activists  hard core  still having a dig.      How about asking the Thai people who they want in government---THEY WOULD HAVE NO IDEA.

The man buying chestnuts and celebrating Chinese New Year with his sister in Beijing would probably still have a shot.

15 minutes ago, ginjag said:

What?? Are you saying that you actually want elections to take place? That's a new tune from one of the chief junta supporters.

8 minutes ago, Becker said:

What?? Are you saying that you actually want elections to take place? That's a new tune from one of the chief junta supporters.

Since when have you been the judge to say who is or isn't?    Because I hated the PTP and the Thaksin lot did not qualify me to being a PM lover.    With you being new,  how would you know  ??   changed your name  ??? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I was one of them once in the earlier days and it took me quite a while to change, but change I did.

Agreed. Ridding a corrupt government that is prepared to use violence and act illegally isn't the same as replacing them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baboon said:

Governed by people as in "human beings" rather than governed in the best interests and reflecting the free will of the electorate you mean?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Governed by people as in "human beings" rather than governed in the best interests and reflecting the free will of the electorate you mean?

Yes, pretty much, though folks can argue about best interests and reflecting the free will of the electorate until the cows come home...

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Becker said:

And I can still remember that a fat , middle aged singer wearing a tight jumpsuit was considered cool. Luckily that is today as outdated as your authoritarian fawning.

Conservative = quote facts and figures (pragmatic realists).

Liberal = ignore the facts and personal insults (slaves to fashion and ideology).

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

Yes, pretty much, though folks can argue about best interests and reflecting the free will of the electorate until the cows come home...

Well we haven't succumbed to government by AI yet. But Hun Sen and Maduro must come pretty close. Just abolish the opposition or set up your own version of parliament if it looks like you might loose power!

• Like 2