Villa Market doesn't return customer's change in Satang, is this just common practice now?

sicky

2 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

Some of the workers have now probably been sacked, that's what usually happens for theft. Hell hath no fury like a principled sanctimonious dweeb.

I doubt the cashiers have been sacked as they were likely obeying instructions from the store management....

How much better would it have been if the cashiers in that store took the same 'path' as my local Makro store - and noticed a purse full of coins, and immediately offered to change them into notes?!

8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I doubt the cashiers have been sacked as they were likely obeying instructions from the store management....

How much better would it have been if the cashiers in that store took the same 'path' as my local Makro store - and noticed a purse full of coins, and immediately offered to change them into notes?!

You, of course don't know this, you weren't the complainant. The implication from Management was that it was theft ergo sacked. I however salute the staff that thought of it, imagine having to count out 89 Satang coins at the end of your shift, I applaud the innovation of doing what the Gov should have done ages ago. The Op however wants his 25 satang and has complained to management, who is wrong?

On 2/17/2018 at 9:27 AM, bluesofa said:

Oh don't get me started on Tommy Cooper!

When getting out of a taxi once, he paid the fare and put something in the taxi driver's top pocket, saying, "Have a drink on me."

Later, when the taxi looked to see how much his tip was from Tommy, he discovered it was a teabag.

My mom sold him a suit when she worked at gray's department store in Dudley, he had dirty finger nails was the only comment i heard her say

Edited by poohy

On 14/02/2018 at 3:06 AM, Rodwalloper said:

i remember some time ago i never received my 5 satang at a store.

years later i still struggle to sleep at night, its the principal of the thing.

It's gotten to the point i have anxiety attacks when i see money in small denominations, i have flashbacks, I often have nightmares and wake up in cold sweats.

The horror, The Horror.

That you struggle with sleep  is probably because it's too noisy under that bridge of yours.

The reason you didn't get back you 5 satang is because those coins don't exist, they smallest is 25 satang.

Have a nice day.

On 2/17/2018 at 7:19 PM, jackdd said:

The author of this article just doesn't understand how capitalism works and thus makes false assumptions, and so do you.

A shop would always sell a product for as high as possible as long as the quantity it's selling doesn't go down.

So obviously when a shop currently is selling a product for let's say 9.5THB it is doing so because if it would rise the price to 10THB it would make less earnings compared to 9.5THB.

So if the current price is 9.5THB and the Satang would not be used anymore, the shops has to make a decision for every product, if lowering the price to 9THB or increasing it to 10THB would mean higher earnings. Over all products the price would most likely even out, and the customers would pay the same as before for their shopping cart.

I dont think many people in this thread understand the economics of the situation.  They would rather shake their fist about the "principle"!