Video: Two year old boy in lucky escape as old tree comes crashing down on Korat street

webfact

Video: Two year old boy in lucky escape as old tree comes crashing down on Korat street

2pm.jpg

video screenshot

CCTV footage from Nakorn Ratchasima showed an old palm tree come crashing to the ground as a group of children played on a concrete road.

Adults in the area hear the cracking of the tree and children run for cover but two year old Phiangfa is bewildered and rooted to the spot.

The tree avoids hitting him by a matter of centimeters. And his life may well have been saved by the fact that the tree's path was inhibited by the bonnet of a pick-up truck.

Mother Jenjira, 27, told Sanook she was watching the children play in Bua Yai district on Saturday evening. She heard the sound of the tree but was unable to reach her son.

Residents said that several trees were in a dangerous state for years but nothing was done.

Now eight trees in the area have been cut down.

The tree that nearly killed the child was infested with termites and other insects.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-02-13

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The people on the left are pointing at the tree at the start of the video. The people are aimlessly milling about the scene but they all seem to know its going to come down. Except the kid they almost murdered.

I can agree with you that they all seemed to be watching it, perhaps it was creaking in it's last few minutes but I can't see how you can leap from that to attempted murder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

I can agree with you that they all seemed to be watching it, perhaps it was creaking in it's last few minutes but I can't see how you can leap from that to attempted murder. 

Looking at it from the idea that they set this up intending to make a viral clip of a tree falling between a group of people. You can see the people are walking around like extras on a movie set, walking back and forth, not going any where. Watch the girl in orange. Totally aimless, pretending to go somewhere. Then watch the lady in white. Right at the start of the clip she signals across the road to someone or points to the top of the tree (either way it's suspicious) and then saunters to the exact spot the tree is going to go. Standing right on her mark she didn't even notice the little kid, too busy acting. The other kids give it away that the there is something going on with the tree. 

My comment on murder comes from the fact that it was extremely negligent to involve kids in there, and that becomes obvious when you see the little guy was about a centimeter from being smashed. Little kid didn't know what the adults were doing.  Kids shouldn't have been anywhere near this stunt.

I think the reason the little truck was wrapped in cloth was so the glass didn't go everywhere. The object was a truck smash and near crowd miss.

By the way this was a palm tree with no branches, just a trunk and rotten right through. It wouldn't have been creaking. It went from stationary to ground level in about a second.

Edited by canuckamuck

8 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

The fat bint standing next to the wee fella didn't do anything to help him.

Got in the way of the other lady who came to his rescue, in fact.

Poor show there chubby  . . . .  :post-4641-1156693976:

The little girl to the left had more foresight than the adults!

According to the Sanook article, the incident happened in Khorat's Gua Yai district by the market there on the 10th February, 2018.
The children were playing in the street that runs along the side of the market. The are 9 large sugar palm trees bordering the road, 3 of which had died 30 or so years ago but the council had never cut them down.
The first sign that something was amiss was a rumbling and creaking sound from the tree and people began to point and look at it before it came crashing down. Inspection of the stump revealed a termite infestation which had weakened the tree.
The 27 year-old mother of the 2-year old child who was nearly hit by the tree has a house overlooking the incident and her CCTV camera at the front of the house captured the whole incident. Her kid was pretty shaken up so they tied string around his wrist and performed the Thai Riak Khwan ceremony to boost his morale as per local custom.
The mother is liaising with the local council to have the remaining 8 trees cut down.

17 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The people on the left are pointing at the tree at the start of the video. The people are aimlessly milling about the scene but they all seem to know its going to come down. Except the kid they almost murdered.

Murdered?

Makes one wonder about my own coconut trees, may have to cut them as they get too big. Already had a lightening strike to a tall palm tree.

Lucky kid, he will be picking the lottery tickets I bet.